Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just called Adrian Flux for a quote and they got me a quote from Highway Insurance for £1690 TPFT.

Im 20years old which is a suprise seen as though the best quote i have had so far is from Elephant at £2800 when i set it as 21!!! But it was an online quote.

Going to a have a call about see if i can get anything better than that.

What are Highway like anyone got any experience with them?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've had a highway policy through adrian flux for quite some time. I have had no problems at all although I have never had to make a claim (touch wood!) But I have changed vehicles quite often and thats always been easy. Price has always been good although I here A plan are very competitive if you want to give them a try. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
751 Posts
im wit highway aswell, 21 3yrs ncb and the want 1700 quid, dont know why yours will be cheaper.
A plan wont touch anyone under 22 aparently but last year they told me to ring back when i was 21.:swear:

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im wit highway aswell, 21 3yrs ncb and the want 1700 quid, dont know why yours will be cheaper.
A plan wont touch anyone under 22 aparently but last year they told me to ring back when i was 21.:swear:
Is your's modified? Mine is standard at the moment, but still im still suprised you got 1700 when your old than me....

When they asked you what other quotes have you had what did you say?

I said £1700 and they dropped it by £100 which is great seen as though i have never been quoted that.

·
Registered
441 Posts
They're alright generally, got some very good underwriters - know a few of them personally as their offices were just around the corner from where I used to live. Used to have problems with their claims service but they've improved over the last few years.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Be wary of highway.
Reason for their cheap quotations is due to their low payout rates. And if you are with them make sure all t's are crossed and i's dotted because the are noterious for wiggling out of claims over the smallest of details.

I used to work as a claims handler for NFU mutural and Highway always came out worst for the customer in the event of cliams. I used highway anyway personally as the price was so good. Things would have worked out fine had i not needed to claim. Now claiming is always a nightmare but i did discover first hand why highway were so criticised.

I now will not go anywhere near highway. Though i do still use them for pricing to play off against other insurers.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I used to be with highway but they never used to allow modified cars on there policies although that may have changed if they are through Adrian Flux.
I would definetly check that if you modify your car they will be willing to accept it and not cancel your policy as you will end up out of pocket.

·
R32 GTS-t
121 Posts
I've just gone with Highway (through Adrian Flux) who quoted me at £990 for an R32 GTS-t (3rd Party F&T). The 2nd lowest quote I got was Kwik Fit at £1900. Tesco are said to be good, but they told me that they wont insure anyone under 25 for a Skyline.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Tesco also won't insure an R32 without a tracker, not surprising really since Tesco is underwritten by RBS who also own tracker

·
Registered
751 Posts
im paying just under £2k with my R34, im 19 with 2 years NCB
WOT!! 19 and u got a 34 wtf. i thought i was lucky getting a 33 when i turned 20, had a few accidents in my first yr of driving though

too much :smoker:
:disappointed: :disappointed: :disappointed:

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
Wasn't it highway insurance that refused to pay out when that poor blokes RX7 burnt out last year some time. They said he had been racing so he wasn't covered, he was actually on the way to WATCH racing. Don't know the out come in the end.
I think it was them this happened with but i've seen their name mentioned too many times in a bad way so i avoid them like the plague.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ADRIAN FLUX ARE #HIT Quote lines fantastic get straight thru to pay! but when you need customer service they dont have any I well agree also that highway dont like to pay.
I trade cars from home part time and my trade policy covers up to 10 cars at any one time taxed on the street available for me to drive SDP and buisiness including demo cover so my mates can drive em when im pissed as long as im in the car covering each vehicle up to £7500 cost me £700 a year TPFT
the only trouble is if I need to claim for theft i only get trade value.
Im 28 with 6 years bonus. this covers my r33 gts just fine!.

·
R32 2 R33 2 R34 ZTUNE PLZ
382 Posts
Just rung Highway they wanted £776 fully comp R33 spec 2 no mods.Already with them and price has gone up.

Looks like Aplan or Flux atm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts