Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Proper Bo!!!!
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good afternoon,
Im due to purchase my first Skyline at the end of the month, and was wondering weather anyone can offer some tips what to look for and the best version to go for. Ive got around £4500 to spend, and the car wlll be my daily driver. Although Ive had 100% success in the past, of buying cars on ebay, im a little dubious when it comes to the Skyline.
Any help help comments will be greatly appreciated.

Proper Bo

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
£4500 would get a mediocre R33.

or a well spec'd R32.

do you have a preffered model?

as a daily driver i think you would be hard pressed to find better than an R32 GTS-t.

i think sellers on eBay are no worse than local papers or Ad Trader tbh.

just use common sense and look in the buyers guide to know what to look for when viewing cars.

avoid the R33 GTR's for £5K lol

a bit scary really.

you're name would suggest you own an MR2 ( which i do atm )

but it says you drive a mitsubishi galant ( which i had a couple of years ago )

and now you're looking for a skyline ( me too ).

spooky hey? :D

·
Proper Bo!!!!
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
small world eh 6 pack, ive had a couple of mr2 s in the past a gts turbo, and a g limited n/a, i love mr2s to bits, but always said id have a skyline sooner or later. I drive a k plate 2.5 galant,that i got for 4 hundred notes off ebay. I got it as a pit stop after my accident in january.

I prefer the r33, but not rule out a r32, as they look well mean.

Ideally, id like a close to standard r33 spec 3 gts, with maybe after market wheels, other than that im not fussy,

you got any pics of your 2?

·
R32 GTS-t
121 Posts
I purchased my R32 GTS-T from eBay and don't have any issues with using eBay. My uncle purchased a TVR Chimera and my brother bought a Renault Clio from the site.

As long as you view the car prior to parting with your money, you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
small world eh 6 pack, ive had a couple of mr2 s in the past a gts turbo, and a g limited n/a, i love mr2s to bits, but always said id have a skyline sooner or later. I drive a k plate 2.5 galant,that i got for 4 hundred notes off ebay. I got it as a pit stop after my accident in january.

I prefer the r33, but not rule out a r32, as they look well mean.

Ideally, id like a close to standard r33 spec 3 gts, with maybe after market wheels, other than that im not fussy,

you got any pics of your 2?
better still i have some vid footage at a track day ( my main use for these cars )

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-1959495358132653156&hl=en-GB

its a bit long but look for the spins near the end :D

i have just bought my R32 ( yesterday ) and picking her up monday.....

good luck in your search mate :cheers:

·
Proper Bo!!!!
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
your 32 looks sweer as lucy pinder covered in honey, im torn in which model to get.........time for another post me thinks

·
R33 GTST Owner.
244 Posts
I agree with the ebay scenario, you get good and bad on there its just a case of viewing the car before you bid/buy outside of auction.

Iv just purchased my skyline after seeing it on ebay and its very nice example!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts