Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've decided to start a thread showing pics of NISSAN'S FINEST : 'SKYLINES' ~ Through the ages.. I'll add pics and titles first then upload/add a blurb about each one..

NISSAN SKYLINE R30 :-

NISSAN SKYLINE R31 :-

NISSAN SKYLINE R32 :-

NISSAN SKYLINE R33 :-

NISSAN SKYLINE R34 :-

NISSAN SKYLINE R35 :-

NISSAN SKYLINE R36 :-

NISSAN SKYLINE R37 :-

NISSAN SKYLINE R38 :-

NISSAN SKYLINE R39 :-

NISSAN SKYLINE R40 :-
TBA ??

****If any of this info is incorrect please let me know so I can make necessary changes
etc.. and if I've missed any SKYLINES out please feel free to add them!

I'd like to hear what your Favorite Nissan Skylines are and why !? :) - Martin. :cheers:

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,562 Posts
my faves:

to look at... 34's
to drive ... 33's

the 35 is too refined for me personally and repair bills are stupid! 16k for a gear box thats had a recall in japan and US yet the uk say nope not a warranty recall.

never chosen a 32. i dont know why just think they too old for me. lol

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my faves:

to look at... 34's
to drive ... 33's

the 35 is too refined for me personally and repair bills are stupid! 16k for a gear box thats had a recall in japan and US yet the uk say nope not a warranty recall.

never chosen a 32. i dont know why just think they too old for me. lol
I really like the R33's, R34's, and R36's... I'd like to think thats also the order in which I'll own them :) I have an R33... and I'll prob upgrade to an R34 sometime within the next 3 or 4 years.

I kinda agree with you on the R32's I mean if the exterior is left standard they do look really dated.. but if they've been tarted up a bit they can look mean! The main thing is that they are light in weight which is or should always be considered a bonus :) - Martin.

·
Super Moderator
9,013 Posts
Actually the R35 on are not Skylines, the skyline progression goes to the 350GT 370GT,
and the first Skyline was actually the S45.

·
Super Moderator
9,013 Posts
They nicked the front off a Ford Anglia!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Actually, that was just the first gtr. Skylines have been around for longer than that. Here's the first, 1957:

Correct! The first Skyline was actually produced by the Prince motor company and named the Skyline ALSIS-1 launched in 1957.

It was a 4 door sedan with a whopping 60BHP!!!!! lol

The Prince motor company merged with Nissan in 1966..

·
Finally enjoying the car
373 Posts
Woooah big can of worms opened here, first skyline was the prince, first GTR was the 1960,s silver image above (kpgc10) if memory serves it was available as a 4 door first before coupe, current going rate is about £45,000 btw, the image you have of the blue Nissan has nothing to do with skylines or GTR,s it was developed I believe for GT races in the 90,s ie Le-mans.
The kpgc10 I believe was also the first car to win something like 20+ races out of the same starts in the Japan race series, it's from here that the race/performance history of the Skyline GTR was born (IMO) the r32 GTR was the first of the 2nd generation of GTR,s built, the reason for the gap in years between the early and lates is to do with the oil crisis of the 70,s and a cease of production of fast fuel guzzlers,,,
I'm also lead to believe that the r32 GTR was built to re-establish the brand of Nissan after some hard time off the competitors, It is also said that each and every r32 GTR was sold at a loss,,,
Hope that's not too boring and has helped a little,,,
And yes the last skyline was the r34...If were talking GTR.

·
Finally enjoying the car
373 Posts
If you want to see a black kpgc10 being driven watch the bit near the beginning of ff5,,,(yes it did pain me to write that)

·
Super Moderator
9,013 Posts

·
Finally enjoying the car
373 Posts
Yeah and actually got carried away and meant with a GTR prefix but hey ho. When it gets to the g,s and v,s I'm not really up On them.

·
Finally enjoying the car
373 Posts
I think I've just remembered what the blue Nissan GT racer is , I think something like "r390" something like that anyway, rear engine rear wheel drive anyway.

·
Finally enjoying the car
373 Posts
So I've got that bit right? (my grey cells obviously ain't totally buggered yet then)
It maybe worth noting if you want images and a good all round history try "wiki" and also have a look at "zama Nissan" (think that's right,,,,again)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts