Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just bought this 2day from a skyline onwer on here,it saying that its 100% genuine,but i dont think it is,it has got the purple bit in the middle saying SEQUENTIAL BLOW OFF VALVE,but there is no HKS sign nowhere what do u guys recon??

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
They always say HKS on them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi guys just bought this 2day from a skyline onwer on here,it saying that its 100% genuine,but i dont think it is,it has got the purple bit in the middle saying SEQUENTIAL BLOW OFF VALVE,but there is no HKS sign nowhere what do u guys recon??
Bit difficult to say as the gold HKS emblem can wear off as its only printed on and not cast onto the BOV

The flange doesnt look like its a straight replacement for the factory recirc. Does this one go onto a pipe which replaces the one before the IC??

·
Registered
359 Posts
There are loads of fake ones of these on ebay at the moment.... but it might be genuine, without a real one to compare it to its hard to say.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Too dark to look now, but I'll have a look at mine tomorrow and let you know.

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also got this with it aswell the O ring some pipe clips and the pin but that pin does not fit into the xtra round bit (if u called that a flange),the guy i bought it from swear that this its original HKS,i ask him few times when i meet him and keep saying its genunine........

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Also got this with it aswell the O ring some pipe clips and the pin but that pin does not fit into the xtra round bit (if u called that a flange),the guy i bought it from swear that this its original HKS,i ask him few times when i meet him and keep saying its genunine........
Not sure how this will fit onto the RB25 as the flange should be a sort of diamond shape with 2 holes for the bolts.
Thinking about it, the HKS SSQV for the RB25 were made with the diamond flange and not with the replacement pipe as you would get with the blitz BOVs. I've seen this circlip type fitment before but not for the RB25.

Remember that a brand new BOV will have the gold HKS emblem on it but it can be rubbed off over time through continuous cleaning and polishing.

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Remember that a brand new BOV will have the gold HKS emblem on it but it can be rubbed off over time through continuous cleaning and polishing.
Yeah i know its gold on top of the bov but there is nothing there,the guy i bought it of its saying that he bought it from Japan and have some sort of paper(dont quite get that),and yeah don't look like any emblem was on there.

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

This is what the kit should look like - notice the "flange" on the BOV. I am afraid mate you may have a universal BOV or perhaps even worse an Ebay fake. :sorry:
I hope it aint,but probably like u say might be a cheap copy that means i waisted my money as i wont gonna put a cheap copy on my car,but the chap is a member here and recons its 100% genuine,he post it early in for sale section.dont know what to believe im well pxxxxd off now :slap:

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does this looks like the proper r33 flange found it on flybay from a chap in Australia recons fit HKS bov's?

Attachments

·
1996 R33 GTS-T
670 Posts
Moogle - flanges are not sold separately - they are part of the HKS kit.

Mike - I think we have all been there at one point or another and thought we got a bargain and then it turns out to be a waste. Just remember to learn from your mistakes and then sell it on ebay.
actually i've seen them on ebay, like Mike just found, just terribly expensive...

just want to know if anyone knows where to get them cheaper...

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
I'll check my hks bov at lunch time. I only had the sticky label and bought it from nengun.

You only really need to upgrade when you get to 450bhp+ as the standard recirc bov is fine. Plus it'll keep the air mixture more acturate so you wil not be overfueling as much with a vent to atmosphere bov

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mike - I think we have all been there at one point or another and thought we got a bargain and then it turns out to be a waste. Just remember to learn from your mistakes and then sell it on ebay.
I understand,but why some of this people are a con,now i dont trust buying again from this forum,i know they are genuine people here but hey look we got some con ones.......the problem is that i meet him and bloddy lied in my face about it he said..."come on mate i swear its the original,everyone now me in the forum".......listen guys i dont want to make a fuss of it but i hope u all understand what i mean dont get offenced :dogpile:

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
LOL at you lot and your love of brand names...
I have a 'real' HKS SSQV on my car, a friend has an ebay copy, and guess what?
THEY ARE IDENTICAL except for the rip-off HKS price.
Get a grip, use it, if it not having HKS written on it bothers you so much go buy a sticky letter set!
This thread is true comedy.
Andy.
Oh just a thought before you say it, mine really is a genuine one.
why did YOU spent your cash on a genuine HKS then ?
if copies where always as good as the originals then tuning would be a lot cheaper :dogpile:

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL at you lot and your love of brand names...
I have a 'real' HKS SSQV on my car, a friend has an ebay copy, and guess what?
THEY ARE IDENTICAL except for the rip-off HKS price.
Get a grip, use it, if it not having HKS written on it bothers you so much go buy a sticky letter set!
This thread is true comedy.
Andy.
Oh just a thought before you say it, mine really is a genuine one.
U got it wrong mate sorry,i dont want to have the name on it,i just wanted to know if it is HKS because i dont want to put a chep copy to lose air or pressure so when i stop at any traffic lights and to bloddy stall all the time......this is what im worried about,but u seem to think its all about the name written on it :shakehead:

·
Number 1 Monkey
591 Posts
(1) HKS dont sell flanges separately in thier catalogue - it is something somebody else has made i.e non HKS.

(2) If you bought it on the cheap what do you expect??? If somebody sold me a HKS BOV for less than £100 used then I bet it is fake as they are so pricey new!

(3) Factory recirc is pretty good in itself and If you have to buy - an alternative could be the Forge motorsport valves as I have heard some good things about them.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts