Skyline Owners Forum banner

HKS electronic boost controller.

411 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  chief-long-shin 
#1 ·
HI

Does anyone know where i can find an instruction manukal or some advice with regards to setting these up.

My car has one wired up to it which i would like to use but i'm a little concerned about dialling in too much boost and popping something under the bonnet.

My car only has exhaust filter, BOV and i'd like to know how much i can dial in safely.

Or should i just save some dollar and take the car to be mapped. I was told that i could safely wind up to 0.85bar??

ANy help would truely be appreciated.

Thank you.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
I've got this all wired in now using previous owners settings.

Seems to be running 0.6bar on low boost and about 0.8bar on high. PUlls much harder although it is a different sensation. I think this is because its boosting up sooner.....

DOes this sound about right for standard turbo - i believe they handle about 1.1bar (have no intention in trying it )

Discussion starter · #6 ·
It seems to hold back a bit though which is what i'm worried about.

Would that be the lag where it is trying to boost up sooner? I've watched the boost gauge and its holding boost constantly although it seems to have a quick stutter and then its off again.

Only other thing i can think of is may still be on standard fuel pump. Although the quick hesistance is at about 3k which shouldnt be due to lack of fuel.

Am i being paranoid. If anyone else has had any experience of HKS EVC's it'd be appreciated if you could share your stories.

I'm wondering if its just as i was used to how i drove car before and it seems so different. I'm a virgin to upping boost and that you see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.