Skyline Owners Forum banner

HKS ETC and EDA R32 GTR

Tags
4wd etc hks r32
1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Abbasi6622 
#1 ·
Hi,
I was pointed towards you whilst trying to find some information the HKS ETC (Electronic Torque Split Controller) and EDA (ETC Drag Adapter),

I've got an HKS ETC hooked up to my 1992 R32 GTR, and i'm honestly having some difficulties fully understanding how to operate it.

I read what you wrote in the forum Info on the ETC controller , but still have a few questions if that's alright with you.

Before i start, i think it's best i describe what the function of the car is.
I semi-daily drive the car, and take it to the track whenever i can. I've got semi-slicks on all four, and it's pushing about 600hp, maybe more, not too sure. I've got a methanol injection setup which pushes the car to about 700hp.
So in short, i'm not drifting it.
-------------
So on the ETC we have 3 dials, the Off (Normal?),On(RWD),Auto(Depends on setup),
Q1. Firstly, the Off option, does that mean that it engages 4WD when the rear wheels loose traction, as intended from the factory?

Now regarding the Torque (Gross) and the Limiter (Fine) dial knobs,
I understand that the Torque (Gross) knob controls the % of torque that the front wheels get (from 10% to 50%).
Q2. However, i don't understand the Limiter (Fine) knob, which as you said, is split from 0 to 9. I don't understand this at all.
-----------------

Secondly, we've got the HKS ETC Drag Adapter, of which has two dials,
Q3. Torque, this knob has 6 dots (not numbered), with two bottom dots and 4 top dots on either side. I don't really understand what this does.
Q4. Speed, i believe you wrote that this determines at which speed the 4WD disconnects, and it does in increments of 50kph (0 to 500kph?). However, it's not really numbered, and the dots are spaced weirdly, with two bottom dots (left and right) of which i am not sure what they resemble, and about 8 dots from side to side.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.