Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
seasoned member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my evc has been reset is there anyone in the northwest that can set it up for me I was having a play and my turbo was cutting out at 4k rpm I've managed to reset that but I don't really want to touch it any more incase something goes bang££££££

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Are you sure its the EVC that has the problem as dont know what you mean regarding turbo cutting out at 4k??? Are you meaning you hit fuel cut? Surely if its plumbed in, switch off the unit and then it will be running standard actuator pressure.

As for setting it up download the manual online and just take it easy as you slowly up the boost.

·
seasoned member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right I've had a bit of a play and basically I don't think it was ever set up properly as I have changed some numbers and it boosts a lot better now. I can set warnings so I don't over boost can anyone just clarify what the standard internals and turbo can take so I don't blow stuff up!!

·
seasoned member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ohh I did .92 not all the time just a little blast :-O I will be turning that back down now tho!! Could I put a hybrid turbo on without a remap?

T

·
0 Posts
Not unless you plan to run the same boost lol. You'd be changing the air flow and air fuel ratio so, No.

·
seasoned member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm no way of putting a stronger turbo on without all the accompanying mods could I just get standard rebuilt with steel internals?

·
seasoned member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry if these sound like silly questions but this is the first I have thought about more power even if its just a small amount on my car :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts