Skyline Owners Forum banner

HKS Hyper D coilovers

1K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  GETGREDDY 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Im getting tired of tripping on these!
They came on my R33 gtst when i bought it and i replaced them with Tein superstreets. They put the car very low but the reason i changed them is that they were just too hard for everyday driving. The left hand rear had a slight rattle, but this may be due to cack modification someone has made to the bottom bushes! :(

As you can see from the pics the rear shocks have a fitment to slide over a bush rather than the gtst where the bush is part of the shock, so some numpty has tacked some bushes in the rear of the shocks :rofl: !!!

So i believe these are GTR fitment???, two minutes with a grinder will have the tacked in bushes out.

Also as you can see from the pics, the right hand rear has one of the locking rings missing from the adjuster so a cable tie is holding the spacer up at present but im sure you can get a locking ring from hks easily enough.

Ideal for a track car or similar :)
Cash on collection only

Got to be worth £150 to someone!

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
they have the 'donut' fitting at the bottom of the rears so they should fit a gtst.
the gtr ones only have the 'H' fitting on the bottom.
does the hole go all the way thru the 'H' section?
if so it may have been converted to fit on either.
can you put up some more pics of the bottom of the rears please (from both angles)
cheers

#12 ·
Looking at this pic, the tacked in bushes are fooked therefore its probably them thats causing the rattle and not the shock.

These are for a gtr, the bushes should not be there and it isnt a safe modification so the bushes need pulling out and then they can be fitted straight on to a gtr :) !

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.