Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best type of hks management, is there differant ones as i hear people call it all sorts of things. can you explain what these are and what they do??
hks f con v pro gold v3 ecu
hks f con v silver v2 ecu
hks f con ecu harness
hks gcc

and which ones out of these will be best for me to use with the following parts

gtr crank
gtr h beam rods
gtr low comp pistons (all in rb25 block)
steel head gasket
tomei spec cylinder head
greddy plenum 80mm throttle body
top mount 6 boost tubular manifold
gt35/40r turbo
720cc injectors

cheers jamie

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
The HKS Fcon Vpro (gold) version 3 and above can be used either as a stand alone ecu or a piggyback on the original ecu. Most people use it in piggyback mode as it allows the original ecu to control idle, A/C etc. This is a top of the line ecu and will require several hours of mapping for ultimate performance. You also have the option of not using the MAF (s) and going D Jetro.
The HKS Fcon SZ again is a piggyback ecu and is ideal for engines in a mildly modded state. Again D Jetro is an option.
HKS Fcon version 2 avoid like the plague. If you buy one all you will have is an expensive doorstop. No one in the UK as far as I'm aware has the software to map these units.
My recomendation would be bite the bullet and buy an Fcon Vpro version 3 or above. Don't forget to budget £150ish for the harness.

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
all HKS Fcon Vpro have a gold coloured case. Version 3.0 is the oldest and is the minimum version to buy. Version 3.11, 3.2 and 3.24 have better software and are quicker to map.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Check out item 260143013147 on ebay bud its a HKS F CON V pro and its only £103 at the mo.

·
Registered
891 Posts
i think that ebay sellers items are where this link has started as Jamie has listed all this guys sales lol I was tempted so I could go D jetro...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts