Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya again, couple of quick questions folks........

Can you fit them to standard suspension and what's the advantage to fitting them?

Cheers...........................................................IanH

·
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Buster, do you know what type of adjustment as the only good photo I've got doesn't really help.

N

·
0 Posts
Im not so sure thats right , as when i was askin about camber, etc , and asked for pillow mount's a few people said no.
took it 2 abbey in the end , said they would have 2 drill the watever , but lucky was not needed,
i would look in 2 it further .

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
HKS Pillow Ball Top Mounts
The HKS Pillow Ball top mounts allow for precise alteration to the camber of the suspension set up, for greater road holding. They are very simple to fit, and are available for many vehicles.

Lifted of an HKS dealers site

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I have Full Hypermax Coil overs on mine with the pillowball topmounts and they have no adjustment at all. The will fit standard suspension but do away with the rubber top mount which will give you a harsh ride but more precise geometry/wheel alignment while giving your car stick as there is to play/rubber!!!

Not recomended for a daily driver!!

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Blatantly lifted from a resellers site:

In a road car suspension system, the upper mountings that connect the suspension strut or shock absorber to the chassis are usually made from soft rubber or plastic. These standard items are designed to give a soft ride, and to reduce the amount of road noise transmitted through into the vehicle. Under harder driving conditions, the original mountings can distort, affecting the performance and geometry of the suspension. This can cause the vehicle to loose traction, and steering response. HKS Pillow Upper Mounts are constructed from aluminium and steel, which will not bend or flex. This ensures that the suspension performance is not compromised by additional, uncontrolled movement. As an added bonus, some Pillow Upper Mounts also have an integral camber adjuster, allowing subtle alterations to the suspension geometry

·
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers folks, I'd already read most of the HKS blurb but wanted a laymen's version which "not for a daily driver" gave me.

Ta very much....................................IanH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts