Just brought one of the hks ssq blow off valves
need to fit it to my r33 gts-t
does anyone no if there is a flangekit around that would be a straight fit
are how do i go about fitting this

please could someone help

·
Registered
812 Posts
i got ssq on my gtr, caused problems with stalling due to realesing to atmosphere but in answer to your question i cant help sorry

·
Registered
812 Posts
yes mate, if u dip the clutch let the rev drop from anything over 3k down it stalls , steering goes hard brakes get stiff quite scary,lol, but u need to keep it in gear let the revs slow throuhg the gears under 3k then dip clutch, its fine (some might say this is the proper way of driving anyway but i like to coast) adapted my driving a touch now i can control it , very rare that it stalls now, they sound gr8 hence the reason i kept them, been told by the pro's to take them off as there **** but i like that dump sound and standards just wernt doing it,

if any of that is unclear its because i aint got a clue but if u need more info pm me and il try a bit harder to explain better

·
Registered
812 Posts
was also told you could get something called elctronic idle forcers or sumink ??? but was told there was no garrantee they would solve problem and at £250 each (and apperantly needinng 2 twin turbs) i thought id give it a miss

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hello bud Zena Racing on ebay does an attachment kit bolts to your existing pipe work flang with silicon attached bargain at £15 + postage from china.

I was thinking of upgradeing to a hks but after speaking with some of the local owners on the weekend decided against it.

I was told the standard dump valve is a re-circulating valve and the engine and ecu are setup for the re-circulating air, take the extra air away by fitting a dump valve which vents into the atmosphere and your cutting the air circuit the cars ecu is set up for, this may result in a loss of BHP and issues with running.

cheers

lee

·
Registered
812 Posts
dont know wot sort of horses u running but standards are good to 550-650 bhp dont quote me on that tho, sure some one else will confirm that

quickly edited, remember mine are on a gtr not sure if there different

·
Registered
812 Posts
id say do wot u thinks best maybe some else can confirm if youll loose bhp, they are a pain in the arse but on the other hand i wouldnt get rid of mine they sounds the tits

·
Registered
812 Posts
I think blitz do a re-circulating dumpvalve which bolts to the flange if not get the adapter on ebay (only one ive seen) and buy a re-circulating bailey or something bud

This way you dont lose power or have any issues in the future and youve got your upgrade and loud dumping

:D

cheers

lee
sounds like the better option to me

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I've got the ssqv on mine and the idle defender and it works great, no staling and no lost bhp ;)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
The std dump valve is good for 450bhp on the GTS-t, you can adjust the after market dump valves to try and help with stalling, failing that you can normally map around dump valves with a power fc or e-manae etc to stop the stalling.

With regards to the adapter for the HKS ssqv you need one of these; Adapter

1 - 15 of 15 Posts