Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Just fitted a new SSQV and I'm not getting any stalling issues like other people, but I do feel that the car seems to be overfuelling I think as it seems really laggy and unresponsive since I put it on. Also did an ECU reset when I installed it.
Anyone else experience this or have any cures? Or will I just need to recirc it? Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well for recirc, all you need is a longer hose to fit onto the ssqv to the pipe going back to the intake?
You think an EIDS will help or is that just for stalling issues?

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
eids is just for stalling isues

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Installed mine last week. Same as you m8, no stalling just pops when changing gear. Hope to get it mapped in Jan so we'll see if that helps.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh I just put my oem recirc back on and feels much better. Goona try get some hose and recirc the HKS and see if any good...

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Cant remember 100%
but i think lol. that if you are getting lag the bov may be adjusted too tight and not opening enough. As the air in the intake cannot escape quick enough it stalls the turbo. Thus takes longer to spool back up and makes it more laggy.
Im sure someone will be along to jog my memory.
The poping on gear change is the car going rich for a second on gear change as the computer is adding fuel for air that is not there.

·
Registered
238 Posts
fitted a blitz bov and always cut on when came to a stop the revs just dropped off but since mapping never done it once so mite just need setting up bit of tweaking,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts