Skyline Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HKS SSQV BOV does cause the r33 gts-t to stall.

as im just a newb to engines i am still searching on ideas why it is causing the car to stall, all piping is sealed, gasket is tightly sealed and the old re-circ pipe is blanked off.

i can only imagine its something to do with the ecu?

anyone got any pointers?

·
www.spmcarclub.com
1,380 Posts
im fitting one mine ive been told the stall can be mapped out ?? ill let ya know how it goes

·
Big is beautiful
5,275 Posts
you just gotta learn when its going to stall then blip the throttle slightly, be ok then

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
a lot of members here has experienced stalling problems after fitting a BOV which replaces the original RECIRC valve.

this can generally be sorted if u had a programmable ecu or just the AFC to turn up the fuelling on deceleration air flow a notch..... worked for me :cheers:

·
www.spmcarclub.com
1,380 Posts
see thats prety much what i was told but you put it in such a better way lol

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
lol.. u know wot? I've been through four different BOV's and in the end all i needed to do was have a play with the Apexi S-AFC2 settings and it sorted it! :smoker:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I have a HKS idle control unit on mine, it came from Japan like that. But I hear mixed comments about the HKS SSQV BOV, I think it's 50/50 whether it stalls or not. Just make sure the recirc pipe if properly blocked off!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
when i first fitted these to my 1995 gtr, i has a few idling problems, but they seem to have sorted themselves out now and runs fine ! if you have a continuing problem, i have heard the apexi afc II has an idle controller on it and this will sort out the problem with the valves.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well ive been adjusting the screw on the back of the BOV which is apparently supposed to control the stalling, however i havnt found the right setting for my car yet, i will report more later on today.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok there is a common trend when it is stalling, it is when coasting from 3rd, 4th or 5th, so after adjusting the screw on the BOV incremently to its full potential either way i have come to the conclusion that the HKS SSQV does still cause some gts-t to stall.

i have booked the car into well lane turbo centre and will report back later.

·
Registered
152 Posts
chriss i know certain tuners like abbey are not to fond of the HKS SQV and they suggest to not have them on.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
ive recently fitted my SSQV and have no problem with stalling.. although i left the standard recirc dump valve and pipe in situ (mounted the HKS elsewhere) and just blocked the hard pipe to dump valve exit with a rubber membrane...
works well for me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
smileyculture said:
i wouldnt take any car to well lane,they are a complete set of tossers.
if your in the north go to rod bell.

jase
ive asked around and so far ive heard good things about well lane, i would like to hear a negative opinion dude whats your experience with them?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ive the same problem- Im sure my little boy must have adjusted one of the settings on the Apexi power Fc. Stalls at junctions, stalls after a few minutes if left to idle and i also get like a blockage of power on occassions at speed and then tends to die. Was perfect when she arrived in January!
Dont know where to start?

Being in West Wales, its one hell of a drive to Rod Bells if she keeps on cutting out, dangerous as well.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.