Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help..does anyone know where i can get a hks vpc eprom to suit 550cc injectors for the hcr32 rb20det skyline?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi there,

HKS never produced EPROM's for the vehicle in question. Sorry.

Just thought it might save you searching around.

Best regards,

Nathan
TDI PLC

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh i see so they only sold the hks vein pressure converter for the rb20det hcr32 with the an eprom fitted for standard injectors...do you know how you'd run say 550cc injectors whilst using the hks vpc?...thanks for the advice..:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
gtst lad said:
ahh i see so they only sold the hks vein pressure converter for the rb20det hcr32 with the an eprom fitted for standard injectors...
Yep, precisely. The VPC for the RB20DET was dropped before HKS got around to offering various EPROMS for different injectors (like they did, and still do, for the twin turbo Supras). It was just the rate of Skyline development that killed it.

You could in reality emulate the EPROM you have and play about with remapping it. We've never done it (never had need to) but in theory theres nothing stopping you having a go. I guess it really comes down to how badly you want a VPC/550cc configuration.

It probably wouldn't cost you much to re-map....in fact, emulators can be found pretty cheap nowadays and obviously most people have laptops but it's the road testing/rolling road work which could get expensive....

Cheers,

Nathan
TDI PLC

·
Registered
23 Posts
...I meat to add that if it was my car I would just fit an HKS F-Con S and be done with it. Not only does it have the injector correctional factor which cuts mapping time considerably when changing injectors but is also far more sophisticated than the VPC, not only because it offers ignition adjustment too.

OK, it would be a bit of aggro to probe the pin-outs and start afresh with zero maps (if you were going to remove the AFM and VPC) but you could always start off keeping the original AFM to keep installation/mapping costs down and just use the F-Con to get around your injector sizing problem. Theres always a few options.

You pays yer money....

Cheers,

Nathan
TDI PLC

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aha..i had been considering the f-con s or pro but untill now i wasn't sure about the vpc rom avaliability which i initially wanted, thanks for clearing that up for me....f-cons gotta be the way to go then...:D

·
G-SPORT DRAG GTS
231 Posts
It all depend on what your aims are...
Fcon s will not support airflow less, Fcon pro will as will VPC.
GCC with the VPC will allow you to tune fuelling requirements but as Nathan says will not enable you to adjust Ign timing.

G.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm starting to think f-con v pro and vpc combo is the way to go.

that way i can do away with the afm and happily use bigger injectors...plus the fcon pro looks a great bit of kit...:cool:

·
G-SPORT DRAG GTS
231 Posts
you don't need the vpc with fcon pro to go airflow less, fcon pro can do this alone with an additional sensors.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well in that case its definately gonna be an f-con pro for me...cheers G me ole mucker...:D

Don't suppose you've got any links to where i can read up on the f-con v pro for the rb20det or any general f-con pro stuff.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also in the future i'm lookin at doing a bit of strokin...hmmm...such as the rb26 crank and rod combo with some 4agze pistons to up the cc and toque with a larger turbo....do you think the f-con pro will be fine with this combo?

·
G-SPORT DRAG GTS
231 Posts
fcon pro being fully programmable will cope with any mods you might wish to make... I have a crank and rods here for the job if you need some..

G.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks G.....i'll get back to you when the day comes that i have money again with regards to the crank and rods...:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts