Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a set of 350z wheels last night so fitted them this morning.Give me an honest opinion on what you think.Previously had black wheels so at the mo it looks strange to me although the more i see them the more i like them.

·
Registered
563 Posts
looks nice on the last pic
i had black wheels with red rims it took me ages to come around to the shinney look

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm not a fan. The wheels look far too "modern", and I'm afraid I mean that with all the negative connotations that come with modern cars! Too "blend-into-the-background", too lifeless, too bland, conforming etc...I look at those and see a nasty, softening clash between an icon from the "good old days" (as recent as they were) and a modern runaround. Love the car though :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
is that a gtr badge on the front grill?

witch!!!!!!!!! burn him!!!!!!!! lol, only joking mate, as above though, there not to my taste :( sorry

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
don't like them myself makes the car look sort of standard

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
i like them! think they look reminicent of some enkei rims i once saw on a 32.
that rear quarter shot really does look nice and strong. could do with a slightly lower stance but it all takes time.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Not for me either. They look like they could be the standard ones it also needs to be dropped a bit, might look a bit better then.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
is it me or is the rear tyre a lower profile than the front? i like em ... however i doo think if you lower her and perhaps get em done gloss black or a graphite colour they may look less "standard " as some say

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well i aint drove it yet but im taking it out in the minute.The suspension is a bit high because i havent driven it yet so the suspension will settle a bit although my plans are for coilovers after the remap.

If i like the drive on them i may tone the wheels down by getting them done in black which i feel will age the wheels more to the car so they wont look so modern.The advantage of the 350z wheels are they have wider rear rims so have 245 rears.
That said the alloys that where on there where only standard issue redone in black so the tyres where slightly narrow so its not like ive taken off anything special.

Just dug out a pic of how it did look...

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
is it me or is the rear tyre a lower profile than the front? i like em ... however i doo think if you lower her and perhaps get em done gloss black or a graphite colour they may look less "standard " as some say
LOL mate we wrote a similar thing at the same time!
Front and rears are the same profile but i see what you mean and think its just some shadow although the rears are wider so may make it look a bit different.
Before i do em black i wanna make sure they drive/ride well.If not i will sell them as i got them for a knock down price anyhow.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is that a gtr badge on the front grill?

witch!!!!!!!!! burn him!!!!!!!! lol, only joking mate, as above though, there not to my taste :( sorry
LOL well yeah it is but only cos the gtr grill i have has a place there for a badge and it didnt look right without anything there.I got a polished GT badge and it didnt look right so i stuck in a GTR one for now until i can find something suitable.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i like them! think they look reminicent of some enkei rims i once saw on a 32.
that rear quarter shot really does look nice and strong. could do with a slightly lower stance but it all takes time.
Well hopefully if Ians plans with his suspension come off he may sell me his cheap but i need to drop some hints.. :grinno:

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
i think my wheels may end up black too black car black wheels looks good me thinks

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I actually really like them and they do look very OEM, far prefer them to the black standard wheels.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts