Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I previously mentioned that the car sometimes was hard to start after it was warm well it seemed ok until today when I went for a decent run and on arrival it started to miss-fire a little bit. It seemed to be when I went to rev it, the engine would momentarily die then pick up again each time. After turning it off it was very difficult to start and almost ran the battery down. When it did start it was the same, Missing when revved and there was a bit of black smoke from the exhaust? I disconnected the battery for an hour and after that it was fine again. Set off home and on arriving home it was running rough again. Any ideas from those in the know what this could be?

Thanks

vini

·
Registered
165 Posts
i have the same kind of probem mate, i have been advised:
coils
lambda sensor
afm

just going to get it checked on emissions and that might eliminate 1 item then move on

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Coils ;)

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that a replacement job or can they be serviced?

Did you have a good day Chris?

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have the same kind of probem mate, i have been advised:
coils
lambda sensor
afm

just going to get it checked on emissions and that might eliminate 1 item then move on
The Lambda sensor was high on the MOT because I have a leak in the exhaust system?????

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
you busy today??

·
bla
17,374 Posts
id say coilpacks to.......
there is a sticky on how to clean them... I cleaned mine and it didnt help.... So i just bought some splitfires...

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
id say coilpacks to.......
there is a sticky on how to clean them... I cleaned mine and it didnt help.... So i just bought some splitfires...
Thanks mate. How much are they to replace?

vini

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I've got a couple of bits to do today, but I'm off work so I could maybe meet up and have a look?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
around £280/290.... are non turbos and turbs interchangeable??? if so you could try chris's..??? ??? ? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I think they're the same, can't see a major reason why they'd be different. If someone knows better, feel free to put me straight! :)

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got a couple of bits to do today, but I'm off work so I could maybe meet up and have a look?
I could meet you over your part of the woods Chris that way it will give it a run and you could see what I mean. BUT! know my luck the car will be fine today? :) You know how these things go. But I was wondering if 300ZX coil packs would be the same? In which case that would be good I have got 6 on mine. :smoker:

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I think the Zed's are gonna be completely different mate. I6 vs V6, the shape would be wrong I'm sure.

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the Zed's are gonna be completely different mate. I6 vs V6, the shape would be wrong I'm sure.
Guessed as much I will take a few pix on my phone of the 300 items and show you later. Just let me know when and where mate.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
However, having done a google image search on Zed packs, I could be wrong :confused:

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Is this right for the Zed?

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
However, having done a google image search on Zed packs, I could be wrong :confused:
After your suggestion last night i had a quick look and the top looks similar but it was darkish and I was knackered.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts