Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got 293 miles on a tank in my GTT - although it did include round trip to Center-parcs mostly motorway driving.

How did we do it? My wife did all the driving :eek:

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Shivers down my spine as I think of that :eek:
But then my girlfriend can't drive, so visions of my girlfriend at the wheel of the Skyline trying for maximum fuel economy should send shivers down my spine :D :D :D

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I spent a long time finding an insurance company that would not touch the good lady as an additional driver;)

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Nick MW said:
I spent a long time finding an insurance company that would not touch the good lady as an additional driver;)
"I spent hours trying , but it seems that no-one will insure you as an additional driver on the Skyline......honestly dear I tried loads...." ;) :D :D

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I am thinking about a triple plate clutch for next year when they will allow her on so she cannot drive it comfortably anyway!

I am still amazed by this 293 to a tank thing though - I have just managed 97 on the last tank - admittedly short blasts only.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nick MW said:
I am still amazed by this 293 to a tank thing though - I have just managed 97 on the last tank - admittedly short blasts only.
NIck, 97 thats mad! What are you doing to the beast ? Are you still not letting it get lower than 1/4 full? We went until I couldn't see 'light' between the needle and the empty line. The warning light had been on for about 20 miles!

I had to add Catherine to the insurance as it actually reduced it! She's 11 months older than me. Still don't know why it reduces, but I wasn't going to question it :angel:

·
Old Member
814 Posts
Had a trip up to Glasgow, about 250 miles and managed that on a tankfull, quite surprised myself.

R

·
0 Posts
Yup

Adding my missus reduced my premium by 56 quid. However I didnt tell her she was added.

LOL:D

·
Registered
568 Posts
Adding my missus reduced mine by £103 just not fair is it

·
Registered
397 Posts
on the subject of fuel economy

I get aprox 150miles out of a Full Tank in my GTT,its an Auto wouid that be the reason for the lack of miles that i get or wouid it be to do with my heavy right foot??

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
That would be a heavy right foot Oscar, same problem I have:) Grinder's is an auto same as yours and he just managed 293!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've got a modified gtr33,hks exhaust and downpipes,apexi filters,hks cams,hks intercooler,hks plugs,hks gasket,uprated turbo's,hks boost controller-at time running 1.2bar.

Out of the £40 optimax i put in her,some motorway driving and some fun driving i got exactly 195miles then the light came on.(n.b.the car was on the light when i put the £40 in)I think this is pretty??

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats gotta be good for a modded GTR in the welsh hills!

Since getting the best I'm trying to get the worst tankful this time - actually its just down the Essex traffic this week its been dire!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts