Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as my oil pressure gauge decided to pack up last week, i've been watching for the light coming on just incase. Thing is, mine doesn't come on when i turn the ignition on, and my mates oil light does on his Spec 2? There's still plenty of good oil in my engine like, and have done 200miles since the gauge packed in, so it's all healthy, just dont want to be caught out because of a dodgy light?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Should come on with the ignition (at least mine does) maybe a bulb?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, think i'll try an swap it with another bulb and see if it goes on then? Would it have anything to do with the pressure sender not working? Cant remember if it used to come on or not?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Could be, might be worth seeing if anyone has a oil pressure guage going spare and putting that in first up, may just be a knackered guage?

·
Registered
760 Posts
I would have thought it would just be the lamp gone, i wouldnt even trust the oil gauge or light anyway, just check your oil regulary, thats the best way to know your oil is ok in my eyes, i never trust them on any car to be honest.......

If it didnt have one on the dash, you wouldnt know any better than the dip stick anyway!

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
Yeah, think i'll try an swap it with another bulb and see if it goes on then? Would it have anything to do with the pressure sender not working? Cant remember if it used to come on or not?
oil pressure sender commonly known to fail
i have a spare one, if needed pm me

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
I would have thought it would just be the lamp gone, i wouldnt even trust the oil gauge or light anyway, just check your oil regulary, thats the best way to know your oil is ok in my eyes, i never trust them on any car to be honest.......

If it didnt have one on the dash, you wouldnt know any better than the dip stick anyway!
without the oil light how do u know you have oil pressure??? you can have all the oil in the world in your engine but without pressure it will go bang.

check your bulb mate as when bigcheif was up at knockhill for a trackday his gauge packed in but as his light came on and then went out after his engine started it told me his car had oil pressure,but it doesnt let you know how much im afraid.

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
afraid not mate but dont worry as we are here to teach and learn mate.:dogpile:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent, cheers for your help. Will check it tomorrow morning. Cant be having a blown engine this close to xmas!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts