Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
change my 4dot1 brake fluid for 5dot1. Do i have to drain all of the old stuff out first then refill and bleed accordingly or empty so much then keep topping up with 5dot1 fluid until its completely changed.
Any help much appreciated.
Regards, Thwish.

·
Jammy Git
2,180 Posts
I don't like the idea of totally emptying my brake system. I bled through my pipes and just stopped on each corner when good clear/new fluid was coming through. It helps if there's a colour difference between fluids.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
You need to get rid of ALL the fluid when doing this - probably best to buy extra 5.1 so you can just flush the system properly

·
Jammy Git
2,180 Posts
You need to get rid of ALL the fluid when doing this - probably best to buy extra 5.1 so you can just flush the system properly
Yes! I forgot to say I ended up using about twice as much as the system holds just to be sure I did the job properly.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
when i did mine i was told to start at the wheel furthest away from the brake fluid res and work towards it.. so thats how i did it.. not sure if it actually matters or not..

so i did r/ns r/os f/ns f/os in that order.. and as above just have plenty of fluid and keep bleeding it through till its nice and clear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts