Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
****** From The Shite
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont wanna do something silly and make it worse so how do people clean them out or do they usually just buy another?

·
Wedding Photographer
3,419 Posts
I'v always just used warm water and washing up liquid.
I know there are cleaning liquids you can buy, but the above always worked.

·
****** From The Shite
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thats cool. i wanted to use fairy liquid and warm ater but wasn't sure if it would screw it up or not. its an apexi one so i dont really wanna throw it away uless its damaged, i just think it would benefit from a clean. think it might help my car's boost and noise a little bit.

·
Seasoned Member
773 Posts
I've got Apexis and a couple of people told me to use water only, not soap at all.
I don't know what's the truth of it, I'm just passing on what I was told.

·
****** From The Shite
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good advice... hence why i asked the question. maybe just warm water and dry it then

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
I thought Apexi filters we're not designed for cleaning but are throw away & replace as they are a dry paper filter they should never be oiled (or washed ??)

·
****** From The Shite
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maybe? i don't know. how much and where do you get them from if that is the case? i personally thought a garage a while ago told me they are cleanable but i just don't know

·
Registered
346 Posts
for mx and motorbikes you can buy filter cleaning kits and you oil them after washing.
the solution isn't unlike fairy liquid, absolutely fine on sponge filters but maybe not on paper..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts