Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh dear. Did anybody witness me duff up the start at Santa Pod today? Was struggling to get traction like last time so thought id try pulling away in 2nd. To say it didn`t go to plan is an understatement. First of all i wasn`t staged when the bloke in the pulsar got under way. Then because i was in 2nd things were very slow off the line untill it started boosting,went well sideways & i almost lost it!! Good job noone was looking eh :rolleyes:
Hung my head in shame & went home.
Yes it was me everyone laughed at:(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pod

I did not see you going sideways but I managed a 180 spin on one of the roundabouts on the way up.. New pants where nearly needed.:eek: Must have look abit odd to all the car's that where behind me :D

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doing it on a roundabout isn`t quite the same as doing it in front of an audience. Were you 1 of the R32s that was in the queue just behind me? There was 2 silver R33 GTRs,a Purple R33 GTR & an R32 GTR all well close to each other. I was next down after silver R33 GTR V Spec.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Didnt see you guys there??? was in the HKS Pulsar... Well I did the first run and after proceeding down the strip looking out the side window I deduced it was a tad slippery!!! went out and got some petrol as I was a bit low, came back and had another go...had a nice blast down the strip, wasted some Cossie on the way and managed a 13.7 which wasnt bad for a half hearted start due to it being slippy!!!

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
tiggs vs cossie

Just watched the vidoe of that, the cossie spent so long spinning his tryes out in the warm up I though he was gonna be a serious runner.. but you just blew him away by almost a second at the end...

Good day out... thanks for the list Gaza fast as ever... nice to see all the faces again....

·
Registered
953 Posts
well done tiggs good run in wet

·
Registered
104 Posts
Eddie said:
Oh dear. Did anybody witness me duff up the start at Santa Pod today? Was struggling to get traction like last time so thought id try pulling away in 2nd. To say it didn`t go to plan is an understatement. First of all i wasn`t staged when the bloke in the pulsar got under way. Then because i was in 2nd things were very slow off the line untill it started boosting,went well sideways & i almost lost it!! Good job noone was looking eh :rolleyes:
Hung my head in shame & went home.
Yes it was me everyone laughed at:(
Steady Eddie,

I was in the grandstand and watched your launch and we all stood there and made a comment about how well it was actually, a far cry from a shameful start, the car looked a bit twitchy when the power came on but thats just grip issues, bigger tyres me thinks:) you should have stayed and had some more goes. Its always pointless trying to launch in second gear, no good at all, just need to find a way to make your car launch without lighting up the wheels which on a gts is difficult but practice makes perfect.

Everyone is saying the track as wet etc etc but they do let anyone run if the track wet and we stood and watched loads of cars managing grip and having the whole subframe /rear axle judder through grip. The only I noticed is that they were lax on the track grip glue.

Shame we didnt get to meet you, ( at least I dont think we did?) , come over next time and say hello, we only se you when you went up the strip:(

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Cheers Dirk. Maybe next time i`ll park up with you guys. It was a bit busy when i got there so couldn`t get in & didn`t want to risk walking up to a complete stranger & introduce myself. Then get a poked in the eye pushed in the stingers.
Found out when i got home (looked at receipts that came with the car) that the previous owner skimped out & put "premium remoulds" on the rear wheels:(
Anyone got any 255 x 17s going cheap?

Ps last time iwas at Santa Pod i managed a 14.06 @ 97mph with 1.2 reaction time & the same traction probs. Reckon i could easily get it into 13s with 1/2 decent tyres:)

·
D1 and Only
1,347 Posts
Good Day Out

My 1st time to the Pod.......and had a brill day..........
Ran the cav up 3 times...16.52 was me best not bad 4 a stanard car.....(17"wheels only mod) oohhh and 2 bottles of octaine boost in the tank.......

Eddie: Sorry didn't see you there........
Tiggs: Chears 4 not leaving us behind........
Jaffacake: You drive that RX7 hard...I like that..Do you plan to buy a skyline oneday?:D
Rob: Did you get a new air fillter? ...(4 your mitzy)

Was suprised at the amount of pot holes, mud pits etc.....
Seen you there next time......
AL & CL

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well i agree that the Pod needs to put some investment into the place as it is starting to look more and more run down each time i go there.

Eddie try this website for tyres on the cheap mate www.mytyres.net

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Therefore you being a small good looking chap you dont need one. Think I got out of it , no one will notice

·
Registered
104 Posts
Pod

Yes some aspects of it could be alot better, ie facilities but its all about the strip. As it was wet up the far end they couldnt douse the start line in glue as the glue has an opposite affect when water is added and is then very slippery. Dont suppose it was the best advert for the place for first timers but go when its dry, you get too much traction if yuo get it wrong.

Tyres, we sell Dunlpo Formula R tyres mail order, the road legal semi slicks, they are still on my car even now, not too bad in the wet/winter either just air some caution wen tbeing silly in the wet, size only come as follows though for 17's :

235/45/ZR17 £ 165+vat
265/40/ZR17 £ 190+vat

Next day delivery possible, mega grip, its what I use on the R34, see Jap Performance article to see what they look like.

Al&Claire, didnt see you, where were you hiding?????

·
Registered
36 Posts
and here it is

and here it is !!! drum roll ............. eddie at santa pod 2003

not very long as i cant leave a lot here but if u would like the full one please email eddie

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Gixer could u email the start to finish for me, Also Eddie from what i've seen doesn't look as if u done that bad mate! ;)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
See what you`ve started now gixer? Dont forget i know who you are & i know where you live;)
Mr gixer has also got a video of himself blowing his bike to bits at sants pod & although he didn`t say so at the time im sure it was cos he was running too much Nos. Maybe he`d like to share that with us? :D
Rich i`ve seen the vid & its not that good. Not really worth watching mate.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts