Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
big fat pig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Newby here :D :wave:

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of a nice gts-t skyline from Japan - its coming here on Sunday I think.

Was just wondering what sort of times these things will do on the quarter mile? I am used to some pretty quick cars, so I'm hoping this wont be a step down from my others.

I just sold my mr2 turbo (rev2) which was running ~16psi and breathing mods, but could pretty much keep with everything I went against, E46 m3's and the like... also used to have an s13 which I got a pretty decent quarter mile time with (13.5 @ 106 ) that was stage 2.

This skyline looks to have breathing mods, boost controller and a replacement turbo (trust) which looks a lot bigger than standard.

I know its a big guessing game but was jus wondering what the various stages of tune will get out of the rb25 and what kind of times they will pull.

note im more interested in pulling high terminals at the end of the day, not too bothered about quick launches and fast times as I feel the cars with the high terminals are usually the quickest out on the open road!!

anyway many thanks!

Ciao for now,

BodleyTunes. :p

·
Registered
610 Posts
if the turbo is a 3037 with full intake and exhaust, and a tuned ecu... u'd be looking at an easy 13 sec car. but not enoug information... so hard to determine. maybe it'll run a decent 13-14 if its been modified

·
Registered
412 Posts
i ran 14.4's in what is basically a standard gtst with knackered plugs and ignition problems.. can't wait to see yours on the strip

·
big fat pig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers for the info!

I'll relay back the turbo information when I get it :)

I can't seem to find any information on Trust turbos, all there is is HKS, greddy and the likes ... anyone got any information on the different models ?

Ta,

Bodley. :D

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I think Trust would be Apexi turbo's

T

·
0 Posts
Dude watch out for wheelspin. Many a gts has bit the dust because of it.
Just a heads up.

·
big fat pig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Not after quick 60ft times, as long as I can beat my best of 2.15 which was in my old S13. (standard wheels and tyres)

I will be carefull in it, I'm reasonably experienced in rwd now, owned an mr2 turbo for 4 years, 270bhp S13 for 2 of them and also an S14 for a year. I dont drive them when its wet if at all possible!

Laters peeps,

vid of my best run in my s13
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=5195412996

Bod. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts