Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Youngen
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im getting my L Plates soon and i want to know how long you have them before you get your P's?

Ive read that you have to have at least 120 hours of driving recorded in your log (including 20 hours of night). But it says to be eligible to get your do the Driving Test you have to have held your L License for at least 12 months.

Now i don't want to have to have my mum or dad in the car for 12 months!!

Can someone help me out?

Cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey im getting my L Plates soon and i want to know how long you have them before you get your P's?

Ive read that you have to have at least 120 hours of driving recorded in your log (including 20 hours of night). But it says to be eligible to get your do the Driving Test you have to have held your L License for at least 12 months.

Now i don't want to have to have my mum or dad in the car for 12 months!!

Can someone help me out?

Cheers.
100 hours / 1 year 10 hours night driving.

·
Youngen
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
must do 100 hours logged then 1 year after you get your L's you can do your driving test with a instructor
So let me get this straight...I have to do 100 hours logged and THEN have my l's for another year before i do the test for my P's?

If thats right then that means im gonna have to be driving with someone else for 365 whole days! THATS GAY!:swear:

·
Registered
11 Posts
So let me get this straight...I have to do 100 hours logged and THEN have my l's for another year before i do the test for my P's?

If thats right then that means im gonna have to be driving with someone else for 365 whole days! THATS GAY!:swear:
nono, pretty much
You get your Ls, then you have 2 years (can take the driving test 1 YEAR after getting your ls, IE got mine on my birthday so my NEXT birthday i can sit the driving test) In them 2 years you have to complete 100 LOGGED hours. Its really not as hard as it sounds, i drive everywhere now and its cake town

·
Youngen
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nono, pretty much
You get your Ls, then you have 2 years (can take the driving test 1 YEAR after getting your ls, IE got mine on my birthday so my NEXT birthday i can sit the driving test) In them 2 years you have to complete 100 LOGGED hours. Its really not as hard as it sounds, i drive everywhere now and its cake town
Oh ok because before you just logged you hours in and once you had enough you could sit the test.

But do you have to have a licensed driver with you at all times while you on your L's or is that just for the hours?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh ok because before you just logged you hours in and once you had enough you could sit the test.

But do you have to have a licensed driver with you at all times while you on your L's or is that just for the hours?
whole time, if you get pulled over by the cops without a person who has a open license for at least 2 years you loose your Ls and cant resit for 3 years :x

·
Youngen
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whole time, if you get pulled over by the cops without a person who has a open license for at least 2 years you loose your Ls and cant resit for 3 years :x
Oh ok well thats annoying because i don't want to wait a whole year until i can drive anywhere on my own.

·
Bow Chicka wow waow!
55 Posts
Uhh, for me, I have to do 120 hours all up, 20 of those hours night driving. You haver to wait a year to go for your [P]'s. Your [L]'s are valid for 5 years, after that you must re-sit your Learner Drivers Liscence Test to keep the hours you have driven.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bloody hell guys, your transport minister Finnish down there? :D That's a lot of work for a driving license.

I had 4 lessons and passed my test 2 weeks after got my provisional license in the post! Having said that I bet the standard of driver is much higher...some nutters on our roads!

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Def a much better system than ours, 1 in 5 young male drivers have a crash in first year, another scary stat for how many are un insured. If this came in bet the figure would improve.

·
Seasoned Member
2,967 Posts
Def a much better system than ours, 1 in 5 young male drivers have a crash in first year, another scary stat for how many are un insured. If this came in bet the figure would improve.

Na the figure would just turn into how many young drivers are uninsured and without a driving licence/provisional licence!!:rofl:

·
Registered
2 Posts
statistics don't apply to the single person... you mite be the lucky 4 outta the 5 :p lol

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
You would think so wouldn't you but there road death toll is beyound belive. Just for example over 400 people in Melbourne this bank hoilday week end were cought drink driving one guy was cought twice!!! When drink driving accounts for around 25% of all road deaths and a further 26% are p platers thats a huge amount that shouldn't be. Think it's something like 8 in ever 100 000 die here as appossed to 5 in britian and when you look at the population is over half Less starts to make you think.

Also there is not as many police here you can go weeks without seeing a copper not like back home where there round every corner with a speed gun or out on patrol every day.

They also don't have MOT some of the state of the cars and trucks out here really makes you think what's else could be wrong with that???

Yet all I had to do to get my Australian licence was turn up at vic roads hand over my british paper licence read the first line of letters on a board behind her and pay a few dollors. The scary thing was there were people there that could even speak enough English to fill out the simple application form that were also given full Australian driving licences. Not being funny but some of the places they looked like they were from there idea of a driving test is. " ok drive in a stright line " THATS IT they don't even have to do that well or even stop the damn car just drive it in a stright line

1 - 20 of 20 Posts