Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right...my coilovers arrived today and there going on the car in a week or so...but i havent yet decided how low to go...whats a sensible amount to lower a 34 by??...

·
5,050 Posts
start with about 20 mm and work from there bud remove the old strut and measure up up and take 20mm out this should give you a good base setting

If your still un sure but your name down and pop down the 127diner meet hit me sig below and there will be loadsa lowered skylines and owners to get tips from

cheers Toast

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
34 with a nismo kit, running on 18's, lowered about 50-60mm. 1 tip I'll give you is don't ever adjust the camber on the car after lowering it if you have 18's or bigger. The lowering of the car will naturally negate the camber, in other words bring the tops of your wheels inside your arches when you lock the steering hard and that. As said above how low is your kit?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no speed bumps round my way but i do have a ramp up to my drive...i was thinking 40mm...but maybe a conservative start at 20mm would be best and go from there...

dont want to have to fiddle about with the arches really...

is it a similar type of thing for the dampers...start soft and see how it feels then adjust from there??...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
34 with a nismo kit, running on 18's, lowered about 50-60mm. 1 tip I'll give you is don't ever adjust the camber on the car after lowering it if you have 18's or bigger. The lowering of the car will naturally negate the camber, in other words bring the tops of your wheels inside your arches when you lock the steering hard and that. As said above how low is your kit?

Its an East Bear kit on 18's...its pretty low on standard suspension actually...but thats because of the unders...

ill get a pic...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
right...

i have very few pics of my car at the moment...so this isnt my car but this is the kit i have...from the side anyway...

how low do you rekon this is...cos it looks pretty good to me...

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts