Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
I just found your forum while searching on the web for the skyline GTR exhaust noise limit.
I have a problem with my local authorities.I have made some modifications to my skyline r33,(turbo, camshuft,ecu,pistons,downpipe 4 inches,blowoff external,flywheel, and a couple of others) which are all legit, but lately I constantly get pulled over by the police and get a fine because my exhaust produces too much decibels.

I want to know how much the factory decibels of the normal exhaust of skyline r33 gtr are, just to know how much over the limit I produce(factory decibels are the limit according to local laws)

I ve been searching for a couple of days on the internet but couldn't find anything related to this.
Can someone please help?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
did they measure the Db at the roadside then?
Ive got a Db meter if someones got a GTR to compare it too?? (midlands)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i take it you arent in the UK?

No, i live in Cyprus, which was a British colony and almost every law here is the same as in UK.(we even drive or the same side of the road)

Yes they measure it on the roadside unless they don't have a decibel meter with them and in that case you have to follow them to their hq to have it measured there.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Standard GTR? About 98dB I'd say. Stick a stupid exhaust on it and it could be 120dB (ridiculously loud, if amusing). The likes of Kakimoto will get you pulled over all the time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts