Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok out of interest how much do you lot think i could sell my coilovers for on here? Or ebay etc? They are hks hypermax ls +. They are used but in general good condition the rubber gator for the front springs have tears in but all parts function well, the rears come with the springs and dampers seperate like the standard sus but with added bonus of being able to adjust the settings.
The reason i ask is just because i want to get some others but without forking out for the whole cost so was thinking of offsetting some of the cost by selling mine. Also if anyone is interested just let me know and ill get pics etc for you

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I will do when i gwt a chance in the day light but the hours im working tomorrow might nean i cant but hopefully will wednesday if not as i have a day off

I might add however this is not an official sale and am not guarenteeing ill sell thwm, im more interested in the value people would put on them but if offered enough then would consider selling

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just let me know if you want to sell them mate as im looking at some tein coilovers anyway but if yours are good enough condition and price ya maybe

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok well the reason i was thinking of selling them was because the hks kit's rear set isnt a single spring and damper. It replaces the spring with a new one and the damper is still seperate where as the coilover set i used to have on my old one had the spring and dampers in one which eliminated the need for the spring cup and i have my eye on the same coilovers that i had on my last one but ive just managed to kerb my wheel the other day and now i have to get it fixed because its so bad my tyre has gone flat!!! So im not going to be able to afford to get the coilovers im wanting with having to spend money getting my wheel sorted

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Just so as your all aware, if you fit genuine coil-over damper units to the Z they say the turret's should be reinforced since they are not designed to take the loading, I would imagine that the GT is just the same.

Not quite sure just why you want to run coil-over damper type, as the std set up works just as well, I would only go to the trouble to reinforce the turret's and run coil overs if you are going to track or drift the car.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The main reason is to neaten up the underbeith of the car really, might seem daft but want to evetually have new arms that are all aftermarket, i dodnt know Bout the need dor the reinforcement, my previous car ran fine without any reinforcement but ill be looking into that

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
I had BC BR series on my 350GT which are the same as the Z, and because of the at they are a better ride I think because the GT is around 100kg heavier than the Z so making the spring rates and damping relatively softer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts