Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Your's has been de-tuned then ru'. My speedo doesn't even register in miles/km's anymore, it's in mach's ;)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Got mine up to almost 70 on the motorway yesterday, wow, that was fast!

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
206mph if you dont have a rear wiper

You spout some junk sometimes. The rear wiper is required for the extra integral downforce needed when using roundabouts at that speed. God save us from mis-information like that. Only a fool would remove the rear wiper if going over 202mph.

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
You spout some junk sometimes. The rear wiper is required for the extra integral downforce needed when using roundabouts at that speed. God save us from mis-information like that. Only a fool would remove the rear wiper if going over 202mph.

Typical junk which gets recycled time and time again on these forums. The rear wiper was only used like that on the v-spec models. All non-v spec use the front wipers like most other cars, therefore it is safe to remove the rear one.

It's all in the 'can I remove my rear wiper safely to exceed 200mph' FAQ sticky thread.

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Your's has been de-tuned then ru'. My speedo doesn't even register in miles/km's anymore, it's in mach's ;)
Don't you now find that the hicas causes problems; where the control unit thinks you're doing 60 km/h you are actually doing Mach 6?

I'm sure that this would cause problems when negotiating roundabouts above about Mach 1...

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
Typical junk which gets recycled time and time again on these forums. The rear wiper was only used like that on the v-spec models. All non-v spec use the front wipers like most other cars, therefore it is safe to remove the rear one.

It's all in the 'can I remove my rear wiper safely to exceed 200mph' FAQ sticky thread.

Idiot - it was the W-spec, which of course is double anything the V had. Plus don't ignore the M-spec which is also twice the V, only upside down. Berk.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Idiot - it was the W-spec, which of course is double anything the V had. Plus don't ignore the M-spec which is also twice the V, only upside down. Berk.

You guys have lost the plot, why do you think VW stole the initials to make people think german cars were fast? From the R37 3/4 V-spec W configuration with twin supercharged turbos. The wipers were added purely for directional stability, an idea only recently added on as uprights on the rear spoilers of subaru's. :eek:

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Look, we've been through this time and time again and quite frankly I'm sick of it.

The fabled W spec was proved to be nothing more than a spelling mistake, and only affected 781.2 of the total car production cycle (and then only those intended for the antartic market).

Also, VW were proved to be innocent of all theft charges during the legendary 1995 - 1997 court battle (where, incidentally, they were also cleared of the charge of filling every beetle engine with gravel).

Get it right, people!

Must go, time for my medication and bed bath. Nurse!

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
You could in theory, although without wipers I wouldn't recommend it. I took my 1200bhp Nova without wipers and nearly took out a zoo!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts