Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a busy boy lately.....

Got some of the final bits (at the moment) arriving soon.

What I want to know is how much power can I expect from an R32 GTS-T (rb20det) using the following toys? its going to be tuned by an expert!:

HKS front pipe, DeCat and Hiper exhaust,
A'Pexi S-AFC,
A'Pexi Power induction kit,
Cusco oil catch can (ok, no power gain but very shiny!)
HKS F-CON,
Greddy Profec 'A' boost controller,
Greddy Iridium plugs,

Basically, I want to get as much power onto the rear wheels as is humanly possible using all this stuff, but I have no idea what to expect.

:devil:

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
It all boils down to the turbo, on the standard ceramic turbo i pushed 260 engine bhp at 14 psi ish but the turbo disentigrated after a few weeks....:rolleyes: ....with a hybrid (i'm running a T35 turbotechnics) it should be good upto 320 bhp on standard injectors and fuel pump/regulator but really for peace of mind you'd want to upgrade the fuel pump and regulator as the standard ones will be at the limit.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm...

Interesting!

Am awaiting a replacement stock turbo arriving, and then one of them will be going away to get hybridised in steel and going on the car, so hopefully can squeeze a bit more out of it. How did you get round the ECU .8 bar limitation?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet!

Won't be going that far I am afraid, budget is severely limiting now that I have an idea what the tuning is going to cost (ouch!!!).

Hoping the F-CON can get round the stock limitation.

:D

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
The f-con pfc will sort your fueling but you'll still either need a fuel cut defencer or new eprom to remove the fuel cut.

I just got a great deal on a set of injectors, z32 afm and a new eprom to suit, i'm waiting for delivery and gonna check the parts and fit, but if everything works out fine i'll post the details on my site if your interested...paid £370 for the lot including delivery form aus....:D :D

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
From what i've read here and there the fuel cut is seperate from the speedlimiter, i'm not 100% sure when the fuel cut comes in but i think its around 1- 1.1 bar boost (14-16psi).

I had the new eprom fitted before i turned up the boost so have never hit it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Fuel cut

It's measured by Airflow meter voltage at a given RPM. I think it's around 4.79 volts on an RB20. Depending on intercooler / ambient air temp and turbo efficency you could hit the fuel cut at 1.1 bar on a less efficent setup, small turbo, small intercooler, warmer ambient air etc. However with a more efficent setup, you could hit it as low as .70 bar, with a more efficent turbo, better intercooler, cooler ambient air. The GTS (rb25) I've just done was hitting the fuel cut at .70 bar with just a good large free flowing intercooler, airfilter / exhaust, nothing else.

·
G-SPORT DRAG GTS
231 Posts
no matter what you do, with normal tuning pratice you wont see much over 280 flywheel hp from your setup.
g.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
280???

Pants! Shoulda bought a bigger block. Had hoped to crack 300 but if not, then 280 ain't too bad I guess. Looks like a Power FC now instead of S-AFC and F-CON, so shall see what it comes to in a few months once its all here, fitted and tuned!

·
G-SPORT DRAG GTS
231 Posts
Have read of over 400hp from rb20 series motor so power is possible but you have little chance without changing the turbo.

G.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts