Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bloody sad to see the owner of the GTR forum saying he is not posting anymore. What a poor state of affairs. :mad: :(

For feck sakes lets hope ours stays sane

E

·
0 Posts
Must have missed that 1.
Just been on there watching the TOTB vids people have posted up. Bloody good they are as well.
The site has gone mad for it. Every other thread is someone brown nosing someone else on how good their car was.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
I just saw that... what a shambles that site is in at the moment.. I dont think we care enough what others think to let it happen on here.. we just have fun....

E

·
0 Posts
I just went & had a read too. He`s got a point hasn`t he.
I dont think anyone on here would even consider piss taking if Tiggs,Richards or Martins car decided to have a bit of a moment. Or anyone elses car for that matter.
Although if it was Busters of course we`d have to :D

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Edward, I will let you know the moment it happens so you can get to work on me. :rolleyes:

E

·
0 Posts
I wouldn`t dare Nicholas.
Having met you now i did have a chuckle to muself picturing you swearing at the Lambda sensor :D

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
Maybe i've got this all wrong but I thought the reason you get involved and help out etc etc is because you love the whole scene and enjoy being a part of it. You don't do it expecting everyone to fall at your feet saying what a fantastic job you did. Or do you? Maybe i'm a bit old fashioned. But OK taking the piss is not on when **** happens.

I enjoy using both forums and probably spend an equal amount of time on each. I just can't get enough of the whole Skyline thing and two holes are better than one! I try to see through the bickering on there and weed out the useful information and post useful info whenever I can.

It's sad that it's gone the way it has. I bought my car armed with the information I learned there.

That's all. I didn't have the bollocks (and I couldn't be arsed) to post similar on there.

And yes, as soon as you knock out some SkylineOwners hats and shirts i'll buy some!

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
yeah, I dont EVER want to see this forum go that way....but I dont think I need worry as we are all chums here!!! lol...oh, and its Cem (not our Cemesis though) that owns the forum as such...

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bloody hell its all kicking of on the other site. Pity they dont use em as script writers for Eastenders, may make it worth watching

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Must admit I used to spend ALL my Skyline surfing time on the other board, but with the run up to TOTB2 I've been getting tired of all the bullsh*t and backstabbing.
Bloody glad this board exists and thrives on its relaxed approach. Good job boys and girls :cool: :D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Hmm.... I've over to the dark side about half a dozen times in the past month or so....

Sick of reading about how god-like some peoples cars are, all the bitching about this that and the other, and the fact that, with a few exceptions, no-ones got a fcuking sense of humour.

Kinda sorry to say (as my mebership cost £60 and I don't even own a chuffing GTR) that its become rather tiresome on the whole.

Its not even as good a source of information as it used to be.

People seem to be more interested less in helping with enquiries and more with picking holes and telling you how things should be done.

Rant rant rant.

Basically, I don't see me wasting much more time over 'there', (and no, its not cos they won't have me you cheeky buggers!) unless there is some specifics I am after. I feel kinda disappointed in the site/club as a whole. Maybe I need more money and a flasher car to feel better about it.

Then again, why the f*** am I whingeing about it on here? This is after all the coolest car forum on the 'net (apart from the one with all the pictures of naked 21 year old girls on the cars!), and we all love each other (well, apart from some unruly characters).

So, fcuk em is my concise "I've been down the pub" reply.

Maybe there should be some kind of membership vetting for www.skylineowners.com so that we don't end up with the same twattish (yup, I invented that word. You're welcome) carry on here.

Rant over. :smoker:

:crazy:

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
.......(apart from the one with all the pictures of naked 21 year old girls on the cars!), .....
Maybe there should be some kind of membership vetting for www.skylineowners.com so that we don't end up with the same twattish (yup, I invented that word. You're welcome) carry on here.
Maybe some kind of initiation task involving afore mentioned 21 year old girls ;) :p :cool: :D

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
I have to say though with the rambling on there , one thing we should do is thank the people in all clubs who organise these things. Tigs does a good job of setting up things like JAE the stand and Japfest, be sure just to give them at least a thanks I think is all he was referring to , its just the case of all the other things the GTR board has endured the last 6 months or so.

·
Registered
953 Posts
21 sounds good to me

1 - 20 of 42 Posts