Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have run out of idea's on how to open this m***er-f***er :spank: can anyone tell me how the hell to open this panel so I can put in my Red LED Strips ??? - Martin.

·
Administrator
25,965 Posts
Lots of heat to loosen the glue and small screwdrivers

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of heat to loosen the glue and small screwdrivers
would a hair-dryer put out enough heat to loosen the glue? I've tried lifting the latch edges and prising it apart with forks (Mrs ain't happy) lol ...but still its not coming apart ?? - Martin.

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts
yeah man hairdryer will do the job :D

·
Administrator
25,965 Posts
Stick the whole thing in the oven as it will be quicker and heat the full panel up rather than a bit at a time

I however take no responsibility in the actions you take that may lead to you melting it or breaking it.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mission Impossible................almost!?

progress so far....its a f**king mission to open this thing !! - Martin.:spank:

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

F*** !!!!!!!!!! - Have now crack it a tiny bit at the bottom F&%K, $4&T, 807lOCKS !!!! Grrr...am about to give up on this today.

Why the hell is it so hard to open ???

·
Administrator
25,965 Posts

F*** !!!!!!!!!! - Have now crack it a tiny bit at the bottom F&%K, $4&T, 807lOCKS !!!! Grrr...am about to give up on this today.

Why the hell is it so hard to open ???
Because it's not meant to opened up that's how

·
Seasoned Member
9,068 Posts
heat gun...... soften up the sealant and then prise open, alternatively......... pour some SLIG / chewing gum remover down the gap between the lense and the back leave to soak and it should eat away at the bond. :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts