Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
i did a really stupid thing and shut my boot when i had the radio on and the spoiler i have decided to bend the ariel and now it keeps jamming!
I have removed the 10mm's from the inside of the boot but still cant get the bloody thing out and i would really like to replace the shaft some how!!!
any help would be great, cheers in advance

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i think the top shroud unscrews to release the ariel unit into the rear quarter

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
yup ^^^ what he said i took mine out when i first bought my red one and pushed the arial down by hand bugger ing the track inside (doh!!)

·
South East Area Rep
337 Posts
Hey it could of been worse, you could of gone to stick the backend near the garage, and forgot that you lifted the garage door up, reverse it back a bit too far and snap the bloody thing clean off!! :doh:

Not that i did that of course :D

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does anyone know if you can buy just the metal part to save me having to shell out loads for the whole unit?

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
with the ariel fully up hold the bottom tube tightly and try and unscrew it counter clockwise,if it comes undone you can change it,if not,well you cant lol,even if it unscrews im not sure where you would get the mast only

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers mate i will give it a go tommorrow, and if it unscrews i will pop into my local halfords or maccess and see if i can match something up.
Well its worth a try anyway, even though i know what the answer will be!
"sorry mate, our computers dont list the skyline. Is it a import???"

·
South East Area Rep
337 Posts
Have a look on ebay, there's a guy who just does aerials, and im sure he had a few around the 27 quid mark for skyline etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts