Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how tight the clips on the pipework need to be done up?

I say this after spending some considerable time dismantling buttercup at the side of the road on the A34 this afternoon after is spat the pipework off and died. I would have thought this was more likely to happen in the winter when the air is denser and therefore potential boost pressure higher but maybe im wrong

Its amazing what you can do with a small pair of pliers, some duct tape and a small aubergine...

Paul

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Perhaps the inter connecting rubber/silicon sleeves got warm and softened up allowing em to slip orf. Happened to me with my pond pump yesterday, only difference I had two million gallons of poxy pond water spat all over me. Now dont all laugh out loud

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
ROTFL!!!

Buster, I can picture that! Doesn't suit you mate!

Must admit I keep my intercooler pipework done up tighter than a nun's a*****le at a gan***ng. Dunno if that a good idea or not but its not come off yet ( at 1 bar max). Anyways, better get some kip as working in the am.... Of to dream about nuns......

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buttercup is my cars name :D

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
ok regardless of the pseudoname of our cars.

I told you I had a problem with the tightness of the intercooler piping and running pressures of 1Bar and above the piping needs to be checked to make sure it is secured.

I would suggest a 6 month check on this, it doest take long and it better thanbeing by the side of the road after you feel the car has blown up.

Next time your around bud drop over and I will have a look at it for you if you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts