Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I tried cillitbang on mine.. wasnt much better.

(take it off and get it acid dipped maybe?)

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
try using a toothbrush with some alloy wheel cleaner and a decent flow of water to rinse it off,dont use a pressure washer as its easy to blast the fins over flat

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
From expreiments when I was a kid.....

you will need 1 container that can take the intercooler.

PLace cooler in container... pour over either HP source or coca cola and leave over night ouside in the garden.

Come back in the mourning to:-
  1. A nice clean Intercooler
  2. No Intercooler
    • Either its been dissolved
    • Someones nicked it

·
1996 R33 GTS-T
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From expreiments when I was a kid.....

you will need 1 container that can take the intercooler.

PLace cooler in container... pour over either HP source or coca cola and leave over night ouside in the garden.

Come back in the mourning to:-
  1. A nice clean Intercooler
  2. No Intercooler
    • Either its been dissolved
    • Someones nicked it
coca cola is not a bad idea,

would take allot of coke though, lol

thanks for all the ideas though.

probably gonna give it a shot this weekend.

anyone wanna give me a quick run down how to take off the front bumper? :)

·
Any Danger!!!
1,486 Posts
get a small tub fill with petrol and leave ur cooler in over night
just dont light up

thx amo
As Amo said, the best thing to clean a cooler is to take it off the car and put petrol or any strong alcohol substance into the cooler.

Hold both ends and shake it around so it get to all parts of the cooler then leave it over night. When you empty it in the morning the liquid will probably be black but you should have a nice clean intercooler!!

Good luck

Chris

·
Registered
127 Posts
Font bumper is easy. Two bolts underneath each wheel arch, three bolts under the grill and however many (you have left) hold the under panels to the bumper. Once your sure there all undone, underneath the headlights there are two slide on clips. You might have to pull them firmly but gently out from underneath each. This bit is usually a good way to tell how many times your car has had it off !!:eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
:sorry: pianted mine 2,polished the tanks,painted core black,did clean it before with brick cleaner, it came up like brand new!! but i did not want that look,the nissan one was black

1 - 15 of 15 Posts