Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

We have spent a little time photographing and writing up this new article about how to select the right Cobra sport seats for your requirements and what the difference between the different seats and bases provide you.

Please find this article link below:
Our Cobra Sport Seat Selection guide

All these seats can be fitted into a range of different Nissan Skyline's using the Cobra base mount kits which are available. The most popular being the Cobra Sidewinder, Cobra Daytona and Cobra Misano.

What do you think and do you have any other questions regarding these seats?

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
I had custom stitched black/green Cobra Daytona's in my old 306 ...They were really well made and supportive and comfortable..

One thing I would of liked though is the ability to press a button/leaver for the seat to lean forward (fast) like factory standard R33 seats do so I can get my kids in and out quickly....otherwise you end up turning the adjuster wheel thing for ages :/

However now I have an R33 I really want the misano's being a tall fella they seem to have the tallest backs on them and they are obviously top end seats..

However, One Misano seat costs more than genuine leather 3 piece-suit, so doubt I'll be getting them for a while yet !? - Martin.

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,669 Posts
I had custom stitched black/green Cobra Daytona's in my old 306 ...They were really well made and supportive and comfortable..

One thing I would of liked though is the ability to press a button/leaver for the seat to lean forward (fast) like factory standard R33 seats do so I can get the kids in and out quickly....otherwise you end up turning the adjuster wheel thing for ages :/

There is a bar at base of seat at rear tilts seat forward instantly.
Just like factory, tell me you didnt wind seat forward manually each time.

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,669 Posts
I bought my daytonas new but thing worried me is any set i had seen that
were any age at all were badly faded with sun. And to get faded in ireland
is a task in it own. Any black daytonas i seen that were few years old looked
brown any reds were pink.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys

Thanks for the comments. Seems like a few of you have already tried and tested the Cobra recliners.
Knowing the seating position of the Skyline through its various chassis's and types. My personal preference is to go with the Misano base with the high side supports for extreme support but to keep the cost down go with the Daytona or sidewinder back.

This way you get great support without breaking the bank. We can then customise each seat with stitching choices and colours to get them right for what your after. The latest fabrics used by Cobra are top end and we have not come across to many problems or any with UV as of yet. We install these in football club dugouts which really take a hammering from UV!

Any other thoughts or questions please ask. Packages prices available on request.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
AVAILABLE IN CARBON FIBER ???

I've made up my mind I will be going for the Misano's 100% but it wont be until later next year as I want to get my new Turbo'd Engine in 1st.. (may have to take out a small loan) :dogpile:

Anyhow.. I wanted to ask :- are these seat ; sidemounts available to fit with/on the Misano's? ...and are they available in genuine carbon fiber ??

Regards - Martin.

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
I had the previous model of Cobra Sidewinders (red ones in the pic) in my old R33 and I found them awesome for short trips, but anything more than couple hours and I was numb from the kidneys down!

Looked good though! :D

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wanted to ask :- are these seat ; sidemounts available to fit with/on the Misano's? ...and are they available in genuine carbon fiber ??.
Hi,

All of the Cobra Reclining Seat range are base mounted and therefore you don't need side mount brackets.

As for the Misano, the Misano Lux and Anniversary come with carbon backs as standard.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact us directly at [email protected]

·
Registered
867 Posts
I had the previous model of Cobra Sidewinders (red ones in the pic) in my old R33 and I found them awesome for short trips, but anything more than couple hours and I was numb from the kidneys down!

Looked good though! :D
Same, I've got them in the skyline now and used to struggle on journeys longer than an hour. Got them set just right now so I can manage bout 2.5 hours before I want to get out. Supportive but not the most so comfortable seat I've ever used.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Same, I've got them in the skyline now and used to struggle on journeys longer than an hour. Got them set just right now so I can manage bout 2.5 hours before I want to get out. Supportive but not the most so comfortable seat I've ever used.
Hey. We can now supply these with adjustable pump up lumbar support which may help with this issue depending on how you like the set up of your seat :) It can technically be retro fitted but it can be expensive.

We do recommend doing it from the start!

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
REALLY ..?

One thing I would of liked though is the ability to press a button/leaver for the seat to lean forward (fast) like factory standard R33 seats do so I can get the kids in and out quickly....otherwise you end up turning the adjuster wheel thing for ages :/

There is a bar at base of seat at rear tilts seat forward instantly.
Just like factory, tell me you didnt wind seat forward manually each time.
Ha ha ha....yeah for 3 years I manually winded the seats back n forth :spank: lol..

Do you know if with the Daytona's its possible to have a bit less padding in the seat part or if rails are available to sit the driver/passenger lower down ...or both ??

I'am 6' 11" tall.. I have a feeling the Misano's are gonna benefit me more, but if I could get another set of Daytona's in Black leather with a bit less padding in the seat and some lower rails...I may get them to tie me over until I can afford the Misano's !? - Martin.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ha ha ha....yeah for 3 years I manually winded the seats back n forth :spank: lol..

Do you know if with the Daytona's its possible to have a bit less padding in the seat part or if rails are available to sit the driver/passenger lower down ...or both ??

I'am 6' 11" tall.. I have a feeling the Misano's are gonna benefit me more, but if I could get another set of Daytona's in Black leather with a bit less padding in the seat and some lower rails...I may get them to tie me over until I can afford the Misano's !? - Martin.
Hi

Yes we do a Daytona base where we can cut and lower the central section which will allow you to sit a fair bit lower. Then Daytona seat has the highest base out of all the bases available from the Cobra range.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
BARGAIN OF THE DECADE : MISANO'S !!

I'am over the moon :dogpile: :- They aren't in the correct color choice I wanted.. but for less than £172.00 per seat & with fully adjustable rails included.. I can spend some money later on down the line and have them refurbished in Black Leather with Red Stitching and Red Harness portal's.. and get a clear/tinted Black lacqer? on the back's so the Carbon still shows but is more in keeping of my color coding choice for the interior..

..* Until I have the funds available to get the seats refurbished by Cobra, I was wondering are there any genuine COBRA MISANO Taylored protective seat covers available ?? ....I hope so :)

..anyway despite now being no further out of debt with my bank..I'am happy to say I will soon have my much wanted COBRA MISANO's installed and looking sexy in my R33 - Martin.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I'am over the moon :dogpile: :- They aren't in the correct color choice I wanted.. but for less than £172.00 per seat & with fully adjustable rails included.. I can spend some money later on down the line and have them refurbished in Black Leather with Red Stitching and Red Harness portal's.. and get a clear/tinted Black lacqer? on the back's so the Carbon still shows but is more in keeping of my color coding choice for the interior..

..* Until I have the funds available to get the seats refurbished by Cobra, I was wondering are there any genuine COBRA MISANO Taylored protective seat covers available ?? ....I hope so :)

..anyway despite now being no further out of debt with my bank..I'am happy to say I will soon have my much wanted COBRA MISANO's installed and looking sexy in my R33 - Martin.
Hey

Very smart and incredibly deal price you found there. When your ready to get them re-trimmed or you want any alterations doing to them, contact us we will be happy to help get that sorted as we work with Cobra production and the embroidery team completing re-trims regularly.

We do technically have a cover available for them, Its an out door waterproof cover though which is used for the Misano Stadium seating we do and its as much as your seats were though...

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Hey

Very smart and incredibly deal price you found there. When your ready to get them re-trimmed or you want any alterations doing to them, contact us we will be happy to help get that sorted as we work with Cobra production and the embroidery team completing re-trims regularly.

We do technically have a cover available for them, Its an out door waterproof cover though which is used for the Misano Stadium seating we do and its as much as your seats were though...
Do you have a have a pic of the seat covers and an exact price ?

Regards - Martin.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
HOW MUCH TO REFURB SEATS ???

Hey

How much to have both the seats re-upholstered in black leather kinda like this one >

^ But with Double Red stitching in the diamond shape area and Red Portals and Cobra name in matching Red stitching ??

I'd also like a price to have them refurbed to look like this..? ,,,and is a Lumbar support available ??

Regards

- Martin.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How much to have both the seats re-upholstered in black leather kinda like this one >

^ But with Double Red stitching in the diamond shape area and Red Portals and Cobra name in matching Red stitching ??

I'd also like a price to have them refurbed to look like this..? ,,,and is a Lumbar support available ??

Regards

- Martin.
Hi

Just to confirm that you already have the seats and they need re-trimming to the Anniversary specification with red stitching right?

Also the covers are £114.50 per seat. Some examples can be seen here of the Daytona and Le Mans ones. I don't have images of the Misano one has its special order

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/cobra-stadia-seating/cat_574.html

1 - 20 of 24 Posts