Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im trying to remove the dash panel to spray it, have removed the sterio, disconected all the switches ect then got stuck.

the alarm (cobra) has a hole drilled though the dash and a plastic plug with a button and led pushed in, this is now the only thing stoping me from removing the dash pannel.

so the wire goes from the alarm box (where ever that is i cant find it) to this led/button unit. i can't push it though the dash the hole is to small, there is no connector on the back, and i can't open the button unit.

not sure if i can disconect the battery / cut the wire. then rejoin it after i put the dash back in?

any help would be great.

·
516ATF and RWD......Nutter!!
1,685 Posts
That's bad that they haven't fitted connectors.

What does the button actually do??

·
Seasoned Member
1,952 Posts
post up a pic or two bud i'm sure someone can guide you.

if it's like the led on my other halfs car you could poke it through and out of the holder. Found this out today by accident (it fell out whilst i was fitting a new handbrake gaiter) didn't notice till i had nearly screwed the whole centre piece back in had to remove it again to pop the led back in place. :shakehead:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
it blinks a bit faster if i press it lol but apart from that no idea. something to do with the immobiliser i guess. Though there was going to be some connector in the wire behind the button but no... just wondering if i disconect the battery, cut it and put connector in if the alarm is going to go balistic?

yea i have tried to open the unit to push them though the dash but i cant get the back off it.

·
516ATF and RWD......Nutter!!
1,685 Posts
I would disarm the alarm and THEN cut it and connect.....less likely to "go nuts" if it is disabled first.
Just my two penneth.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

that is the unit im on about hanging out the dash. anyone know if it is ment to come open so i can push the wires though the hole? i didnt want to force it to hard with a knife incase i snaped it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i wouldnt cut that myself. i have the same alarm on my car. all the guts/control box is behind the drivers kick pannel on my car. if you cut the wire,your key fob might not work again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts