Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 400hp R33 GTS-T has been off the road for over 3 years. It failed emissions on last Mot. Might be failed oil seal in tubby and/or blocked oil drain. I've checked everything else over the last few years.

There's some nasty rust in the arches, the engine bay has some too and the car looking sorry for itself and it needs some TLC. It owes me £15,000 and I'm thinking of ways to get some of that back. I'm time-limited as I'm working on my property and 2 other vehicles as well as trying to earn a crust.

1) Sell as is. I've been offered 3k.

2) Refurb/exchange tubby, See if it cures fault, MoT (more money) and sell for a better price.

3) Get rust cut out of arches, engine bay cleaned/painted, tops welded, etc,. More time/money but best price on the day, but more overall investment.

4) Break for spares (overheads of stripping, wrapping, sending, liable to fraud, car still on driveway).

I need to make a decision on how to proceed by the end of tomorrow and would therefore welcome your comments.

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
For hassle free I'd take the three grand. Your rust repair areas sound extensive and that's not cheap if you have it done properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts