Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought id do a little write up with pics as most people get put of buying glow dials thinking its hard to do, well its really simple and you can do it within 30mins :D (thought id give something back to this community as its been a big help to me :)

first things first you get the speedo cluster out and find a suitable place to work on

1) you unclip the clear plastic cover gently, they are easy to take out and the trick is pop the bottom ones off first and the tops just ease out

2) same proceedure with the black cover that needs removing aswell, same way but this ones a little more stiff, so dont give up :bananasmile:

3) now you need to remove the r.p.m gauge theres 2 small philips at the front

and 3 philips at the back

and it just pops off

4) the reason to take the r.p.m gauge of is to get to the boost gauge to slip the glow dial over it and you'll find 2 more small philips which need removing and put back on to secure the glow dial in its place

now do the same with the rest of them :D i got carried away and forgot to take pics

now the wiring is simple

locate the red with blue strip wire behind the fuel gauge harness on the main car loom (the harness you removed to take the speedo cluster out) cut it and mate it with the red wire of the glow dial kit, then find a suitable ground and wire the negative to it. also do not forget to connect the glow dials harness with the switch harness you get with your kit, job done :cheers:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice job mate. Did you not have to take the needles off to get the dials on then?
nope they simply slip over it the nismods dials are flexible and make the job easy all you have to be careful with is you dont put too much stress on the needles when sliping of and watch out for the needle stopers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I fitted these a while ago now my fuel gauge goes up and past the full mark and is empty when showing half full on the gauge any ideas what this could be ???
cheers
stu

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts
good work mate - i did mine myself and all went well however my rev needle isnt as responsive as it used to be thats all :dunno:

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts
thing is tho ive done a few on a few different cars over the years and when they dont work well or stick its down to human error - mine were a fiddley ass job and i and i made one "slight" slip etc when fitting and thought i had got away with it but as above my only problem is a slightly slower rev needle. basically if you set aside along time, keep ur nerve and stay calm they can be done with no probs at all it comes down to your own skills

·
Registered
708 Posts
Just what I was looking for,
Thanks man.
Just need to go buy the glow dials. Anyone know where I can get a set from.

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,159 Posts
the nismods ones you'll be lucky to find... suicide performance in the traders section are looking into doing new look ones on a group buy soon thou

·
Registered
835 Posts
Got mine on ebay..
The fitting was pretty easy but had trouble with the fuel and rev needle's not reading correctly...my own fault though as i moved them slightly when sliding the dial's over, luckily i had a spare set of clock's so used them to set my original's back up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts