Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey how do you folks keep the car battery charged up when not in use but still keeping the alarm working? because my car doesnt get used much in the winter the battery is always low but it is a new battery a few weeks ago?

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Solar trickle charger, you can find them on eBay or in some Halfords bud :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cld be a month b4 it will go again, it sits infront of the garage no room for it inside. will the trickle charge not harm the battery?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
the skylines are in my garage, will i need a sunroof in the garage if i use a solar trickle charger???

No! I'm afraid you'll have to park it in the attic of your house and fit a velux. I know it seems like a lot of hard work but it's the only way. :sorry:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
solar trickle charge, it has diodes so wont damage or over charge the battery.
i have them on my gtr's and cos i dont use the car that often, the car still starts after sitting for 2-3 weeks

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Looks spot on

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
well as mine is off the road now i could do with a trickle charge as it nearly didnt start today.

^^^^^^
as for starting the car up for 5 mins every few days like solheim said it wears the engine so i just drive up and down the street untill engine is up to temperture.

·
Lincolnshire Area Rep
2,271 Posts
Optimate chargers are good they come with an extra socket and wires that with a bit of ingenuity you can attach to the battery and route anywhere convenient on the car for easy access.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts