Skyline Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Auto Rocket
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished making this, but I’ve used one of these before.
Will give you much better performance than any bleed valve, don’t waste your money on $100 bleed valves. – Bleed valves also increase lag due to it continuously bleeding air it takes longer for the turbo to spool up.

Step one, acquire the parts (sorry I don’t have the size's but there basically the smallest brass parts you can get)

Make sure you don’t get a too stiff spring, (also don’t use a bic pen spring, there to flimsy and will make the steel ball vibrate/flutter, causing all sorts of issues)

Step two, drill a tiny hole (1mm) in the back of the T pipe - this lets air bleed out when the waste gate and boost tap close.

Step Three, cut the top off the joiner, then tap the inside of it.

Step four, assemble the parts, use this image and the one above to see how too, if you need me to explain just ask.

Step five, install so the air flows to the waste gate in this direction.

(To adjust boost, Screw the allenscrew up or down to change the pressure on the spring (down adds boost))

The way this boost tap works is it does not let air through to the waste gate till you reach your set boost level, the result is super fast spool up and more boost earlier in the rev range due to it not bleeding air off to the atmosphere

Enjoy

ps, I hold no responsibility for you ****ing up your car btw :p

·
Auto Rocket
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What do you use this for ? Nice right up
Its for adjusting boost. Works really well as it doesn't let any boost to the waste-gate till it reaches your set boost level. - the result is really fast spool up. I started making boost reversing out of the drive way with the tap I made lol :D

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
how does the wastegate close again? edit: the pin hole

·
West Sussex Area Rep
4,952 Posts

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
any one make one of these and i would buy it off them
Please don't bump very old threads... it's in the rules :spank:

This is a DIY thread.... make your own.
There are MANY manual boost controllers on the market, if you're not capable of making one, buy one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.