Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*EDIT* I have used this set-up for 3 trackdays now and all good:) Mount was checked and approved by Brands Hatch Staff...

Hi all,

Thought i'd share a very cheap and easy way to mount a video camera in-car.

Get a joby gorrilapod for about £30 from Amazon (the bigger one).

Pull back the back seat a bit and wedge 2 of the gorrilapods legs in.

Wrap both seatbelts round the 3rd leg..

Then the camera screws onto the gorrilapod;)

Footage taken:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG0RhHoq0Cs

Cheers all Sam

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! The camera is a Panasonic SD9 Hd camcorder and the video quality is amazing compared to my old sony. It has a remote control too which is so handy! Got it from ebay secondhand.. Files are massive tho - 1 hour of footage is about 8 gig!

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Does that keep the camera steady enough? I've used a (maplin cheapo) suction mount in the past; can be stuck on the front, side or rear screen or even the interior light housing. Have to use software to turn the video the right way up, but works really well.

·
Seasoned Member
1,735 Posts
Just wondered as I know they letting marshals on and the remainig spaces the general public so as to get the maximum cars on track. I'll try get some pics but can't get video at the moment lol. If they accept that mount I will probably get one myself.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
problem with suction mounts is that none of msv tracks will allow them...

It seems sturdy enough to me, think it'll be fine on track..

Just tried using the editing software that comes with the camera and it is useless:( Don't think youtube will upload mts files either so will put the test footage on vimeo...

turbokid will you be at brands tomorrow then?

Cheers all

·
Seasoned Member
1,735 Posts
problem with suction mounts is that none of msv tracks will allow them...

It seems sturdy enough to me, think it'll be fine on track..

turbokid will you be at brands tomorrow then?

Cheers all
I know MSV wouldn't let me use my suction mounted one either last year.

Im not at Brands im afraid as im doing Oulton on Tuesday, i want to do Brands at some point as it's a good looking track (how steep is Paddock Hill Bend OMG) getting the brakes done tomorrow ready.

Fingers crossed I get a job soon and I can start doing lots of trackdays.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Having trouble editing the vid into the right type of file.. it comes out as mts file which isn't recognised by most programes! i can post directly onto vimeo in its original format but want to save my paltry 500mb allowance for brands...
Anyone have any idea on editing mts files?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.