Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
big fat pig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to take a look at my injectors to see if they are standard or not?

Do I need to take the plenum off, how difficult / time consuming is it?

Is there a way to check them without pulling everything off?

I have changed them successfully on my old S13 but on the first attempt ended up breaking an O-ring, so I'd rather not meddle too much!

Also has anybody got a pic of standard injectors?

Many thanks,

Bod.

:guiness: :)

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Yeah its easy to see the colour, when i changed to 740's the old ones were fookin stuck solid, had to hit them out from the other side, smashed every single one :disappointed: my 740 are red fwiw

·
big fat pig
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some photos of the fuel rail and some of the stuff connected to it, i'm not sure what it all is, couldnt really see the top of the injectors it was in the shadow and hidden away a bit.

^^ What is this thing, it seems to be connected to a pipe that connects to the rail / fpr and it then goes in through the firewall and into the cockpit?

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Those pics didnt give anything away mate. Have a look at the fuel rail you will see where the electrical connector for the injector is, just above this is a small metal cover held on by 2 phillips screws. Take this cover off and you will see the injector quite clearly. You would be best off using a 1/4 drive ratchet with a phillips "bit" to revove the 2 screws as you wont get enough leverage with a screwdriver, and they are known to be quite tight!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts