Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone!

How do i go about repairing this rust on my r34 gtt? I'm looking for suggestions or a way of making my own boot floor.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
are you looking to completely remove that trusted part? Can you try repairing the rusted part and welding it back on? Otherwise I guess you can just put a blank sheet on metal on and weld that into place but not sure if you want to go that route

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
No offence but why cut the floor out in the first place if you didn't know how you were going to replace it?

First thing I would do is keep cutting, all the rust hasn't been removed from the area yet and you will need good metal around the boot floor to weld to. Your only option is get a cut off from another car and weld that in or make your own floor from a sheet of steel.

I'd be a bit more concerned about that rear chassis leg however, it looks in bad shape. Have you cleaned it back to see if there's a hole in it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
R34 GTT

RB26DETT

R34 GTR wheels painted in JP2 outback gold

Sandblasted engine bay

Painted with 2k epoxy primer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. It's been hardwork and still plenty to do. Hoping a good push this year will get me closer to a finshed project :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts