Just wanted to mention just did this mod and my misfire has gone away completely! Can't recommend enough!!
You'l have plenty with those measurements. Mine come out at 305x42x12mm at their longest. one is slightly longer then the other. I'll be getting mine finished next week hopefully. Ended up 3D modelling a set and I will be milling them soon.Does anyone have the size in inches?
i got .5" x 12" x 4" when converted.
The big holes are 8.5mm (M8 clearance) and the small holes are M4 threaded.yujp got them. Mail came in today.
Does anyone know the drill bit size for bolt the 12mm and the 8mm ones ?
Its the profile around the edge that is the tricky bit. The holes and pockets are pretty quick although with tapping and tool changes your looking at 6 minutes I reckon. Plus the way I plan to do it ill need to remove the material from the back so that'll be another couple of minutes facing off the top. I programmed it by hand ages ago on our XYZ but I managed to get a copy of Solidworks 2013 so I thought I'd model it on there too. Added some engraving and chamfered all the edges both sides. Just practise on the program really but nice to have something useful at the end of it.No honest mate won't take 2 mins, use a ripper counter, run about 1600rpm with high feed the higher the better, and plunge it. You shouldn't climb mill as it will chip due to the property of the material. I machine this all the time on a big turn mill, It's a very simple shape to do, probably better to write free hand then to cadcam.
Tapatalk - S3 rooted
THIS THREAD IS NOT about wrapping your coils, that was the 'other' old way, this is conceptually different.
IMHO DO NOT wrap your coils at all.
Ok moving on I just made a nylon, Delrin, Acetal coil 'rail' for my present car, here are the details-ish - always use common sense when reading/doing anything I write about!
I purchased these 2 items (12mm acetal is the right thickness!!) and made these, pics:-
Now I didn't make side-rails as the metal laminate that goes around the coils is stronger than the acetal so I deemed them redundant - a lot of work for feck all.
I made them in a complete set of 6 - not in 2 halfs. Also there was a little shaping after this to make them clear some ally for rocker-cover bolts, just a quick whiz on the bench grinder.
Less than £20 notes and I can, and am running 1.1mm gapped iridiums and no missfire now or ever, and the bigger spark is better if you have the power - which you will have.