Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been reading about spec1 and spec2 r33's. how do you tell the difference between the two of them? is it noticable? thanks for any info.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
spec 2 has abs,airbags,those front bumper indicators with two little round lights,lower profiled headlights and bonnet/grille to match,slightly different interior,think thats most of it

·
Registered
962 Posts
This has been covered many times before - use the search function and you will see.

Easiest way to tell is by looking at the front bumper. Mine is Spec 1, yet I have ABS and airbag..

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
ABS was a factory option on both spec 1 and 2 cars

i have a spec 1 car with a spec 2 engine

if you have a spec 1 engine you will have a black box where the red square is

Attachments

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
and this is a spec 2 car

Attachments

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
is there a way to tell you have abs (without test drive hitting brakes like a madman :D)

dash trim on the spec 2 is rougher than spec 1, and the warning lights round the dials are different too

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
if you have a large hole in the top right hand corner of the engine bay its non abs

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
There is also the issue of spec one and two engines. these are differnet in the electrical circuit to the plugs. spec one will have an amplifier unit above the 6th cyclinder near the bulk head, spec two wont. there are some rare cars with a spec two engine in a spec one body, which may still be the original facotory fit engine. (tend to be very last spec ones)

the gts4 (spec one)has abs, (well mine does) though whether this is factory option is something i dont know.

head lights and bonnet are also subtly different. in additon to the bumper.

·
mph madness...
576 Posts
as far as I know the spec two also has a low fuel light - my spec 1 does not

Though my spec 1 has...

Spec 2 engine..
Body coloured skyline strip on the rear
Spec 2 style badge on the bootlid (spec 1 has a different style badge)
Abs
driver side airbag
Spec 2 rough feel dash..

So I think mine... being a late '95 is a b*stard hybrid of the spec 1/2 ... spec 1.5 anyone ?? lol

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Quite possibly a spec 1.5 kenny, my 95 gts is a spec 1.5 old style lights
bumpers but spec 2 dash and steering wheel with airbag ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mine is a mix i guess. the car was originally the gts non turbo model. i think it even came with the rb20. thats what the plate on the firewall says. we bought the car with the rb25det already in it but it still had the 4 lug brakes on it and the crome headlamps plus no sideskirts and stuff like that. i guess thats why i am having so many wiring problems.

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
ive gotta laugh at this thread all the cars are not what they started out as......and mine is a R33GTS spec 1 with a r32gtr engine with r34 tomei pon cams and cam angle sensor and a r33gtr front wiring loom lol.....a load of mongrels lol.....but its all the fun right......:D

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
mine is a spec 1 with a spec 2 front bumper and spoiler

1 - 15 of 15 Posts