Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought id share this from YouTube, thought this was a brilliant test procedure to know which coilpacks are gubbed and a very very cheap fix!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qirx_G4x5i0

If you think its good enough, would be nice to see this as a sticky!

Would help diagnose the common mifsire issues on RB's

I just wanted to add BEWARE the voltage involved is very high!! So be extremely careful when testing!!!!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Same here, first time id seen them tested like this...but id like to reiterate its very dangerous be extra cautious testing like this. If youre not handy around an engine bay, id rather say use the dielectric paste without testing and see if it helps as its fairly simple to do....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Great DIY indeed. My car has been misfiring a lot lately. So this is something I would definitely tryout.
I can manage to do a few things myself, but there is a part in the video I really don't understand.
It's the part where he explains about using the jumper cables. Jumper cables come with four mouths, a combination of black and red on each side. He used one black mouth on the sheet of metal and I can see the other black mouth going down towards the area where you normally find the oil filter.
But I see the red mouth also in the engine bay.
Is that red one also connected somewhere and if so where?
And the second red one is nowhere to be seen.
Or is it that you need worry about the two black mouths only??
One connecting to the sheet metal and the other the the car body inside the engine bay.

And when removing the CAS-Sensor, is there any specific instructions on doing it, things that I have to keep an eye out when unbolting??

If anyone can tell me where the plug for the injector resistors are on the 1996 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T??

Thanks in advance to everybody for there input, it would be greatly appreciated.
I miss driving my car at full power.

Marc

·
Registered
10 Posts
misfire solved

Well I watched the vid from start to finish, so I went out and got the required cleaners and dielectric silicone and followed the steps with an old set of coil packs
planted them in the car on Wednesday this week .

Gave it some beans today third and fourth .....and ,,,,,, Hey presto so far so good !! not a misfire to be heard anywhere !!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts