Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ive just recently dynoed my GTT R34 with a pod style filter, and boost controller running at 10 psi...I just need some advice on a few things:

1) Ive achieved 171kwrw at 6300rpm. So i was just wondering if it was best to shift gears at 6300rpm rather than up to 7000rpm as it might lose speed.

2) Is this 171kwrw the same for every gear???

3) I dynoed before with standard boost and got 164kwrw, however the acceleration on standard boost was much faster than the 10 psi boost from around 0-4750rpm. But from about 4750 onwards the 10 psi boost beats the standard boost to 171kwrw...So what i wanted to ask is in terms of speed 164kwrw car can overtake the 171kwrw in first few rpm, then the 171kwrw car can catch up from 4500-7000rpm. Does this mean eventually 171kwrw will win or it might even be a even race???

·
Registered
762 Posts
ah right ok.

1.) 6.3k is where you reach max HP so it would make sense to change just after, but, if you change gear later then it puts you further up the rev range in the next gear.

2.) it will be the same as that is the power that your engine is producing but 4th gear is a 1:1 ratio, which is the way they do the power runs on the dyno.(on the GTR anyway so i presume its the same)

3.) tricky one, it depends how strong the boost comes in i suppose.

can you post the printout? i presume you also have a printout for the 164kw run?

·
Registered
20 Posts
On the acceleration on your car with standard boost, is quicker because you have less lag I'm assuming. With more boost, requires more build up, which can decrease response times in the low rpm range...
Chuck the print out on here, of both runs if you have them. It's easier to analyse with the dyno results onboard.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
The best place to shift gear is always 1000rpm after max bhp point so you always land back on peak power!

The lower boost reaching peak power quicker is not really worth considering because your not gonna drive around racing people on track below 4750rpm.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The best place to shift gear is always 1000rpm after max bhp point so you always land back on peak power!

The lower boost reaching peak power quicker is not really worth considering because your not gonna drive around racing people on track below 4750rpm.
Good info Bruce , never knew that

Andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts