Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the noobish question lads but i need to find this out!

i done a search but couldnt find an answer.:sorry:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm i have them on my GTR atm with spacers (they were fitted when i bought the car)

i just dont know what car these wheel will fit properly on!

·
RB25det inside
1,253 Posts
hmmm i have them on my GTR atm with spacers (they were fitted when i bought the car)

i just dont know what car these wheel will fit properly on!
If the spacers are big enough they'll fit a gtst.
The offset is odd alright "might be off a toyota :grinno:".

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what im thinking, but once i google the offset and wheel type (BBS LM'S) i get a couple of references to Porsche's.

So, they're could be adapters fitted?!

I dont have the car atm. Its getting some work done at a garage so cant check until i get it back!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok i have found out that they are indeed 5x114.3 (no adapters),
so in theory with 20mm spacers these would look good on a Gtst?

They dont look all that bad on my GTR atm,

with spacers fitted

They just need a bit more to fill the whole front wheel arch on a GTR!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
erm why are you running a different width wheel on a 4wd car?? is that not bad for the transfare box or something???

yeah with a 20mm spacer they should in theory sit right for the gtst,
One of the reasons im changing mick.

These wheels will be up for sale soon.

btw i got sorted with tdp, thanks!

·
Registered Insane
997 Posts
erm why are you running a different width wheel on a 4wd car?? is that not bad for the transfare box or something???

yeah with a 20mm spacer they should in theory sit right for the gtst,
Wheel width, wheel size or tyre size for that matter, makes no difference on any 4WD car as long as the rolling radius is the same, although personally I find it much easier to have the same all round.

As for fitment on a GTST I have no idea, but damn that's some offset!!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A member owns this car i think, just an example with the BBS LM's fitted to a GTST!

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
One of the reasons im changing mick.

These wheels will be up for sale soon.

btw i got sorted with tdp, thanks!
anytime

Wheel width, wheel size or tyre size for that matter, makes no difference on any 4WD car as long as the rolling radius is the same, although personally I find it much easier to have the same all round.

As for fitment on a GTST I have no idea, but damn that's some offset!!
ah so its just like not being able to run 17's on the front and 19's on the back??
always thought there would be a different power dispersion with different sized wheels on a 4wd.

·
Registered Insane
997 Posts
ah so its just like not being able to run 17's on the front and 19's on the back??
always thought there would be a different power dispersion with different sized wheels on a 4wd.
No Mick I think you're missing the point, you could theoretically, run a 16, 17, 18 and 19 on each corner at the same time as long as the tyre size choice compensates for the rolling radius, ie you would need a different size tyre on each corner to achieve to same rolling radius.

Damage to the transfer box is caused by the wheels turning on an overall different radius, so although it's possible to run different size wheels it's very seldom practical to do so.

In this case both front and rear are 18's and the width will play little part in the scheme of things as the overall radius will remain the same assuming the same size tyres are used.

slacker if you can get them to fit then keep them, BBS LM's are a nice set of wheels.

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
No Mick I think you're missing the point, you could theoretically, run a 16, 17, 18 and 19 on each corner at the same time as long as the tyre size choice compensates for the rolling radius, ie you would need a different size tyre on each corner to achieve to same rolling radius.

Damage to the transfer box is caused by the wheels turning on an overall different radius, so although it's possible to run different size wheels it's very seldom practical to do so.

In this case both front and rear are 18's and the width will play little part in the scheme of things as the overall radius will remain the same assuming the same size tyres are used.

slacker if you can get them to fit then keep them, BBS LM's are a nice set of wheels.
got ya roger :notworthy

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i know how rare the BBS LM'S are but i have may have another set got with an offset that will suit my GTR better so these wheels will be up for sale soon!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts