1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the light isnt working on the screen so basicly its ****ed

all my numbers are saved onto the phone not sim card or memory card

called htc for them to pick it up because i have insurance on the phone

they told me i cant get my numbers because they clear the phone not ****ing happy

any thing i can do to get the numbers off the phone before the ****ers pick it up

·
Registered
632 Posts
Connect to your pc and make a back up then when you get the fixed phone copy your files over, dunno if it will work but worth a look

·
12,294 Posts
They shouldn't need to wipe the phone to fix the screen, they probably just want to send a replacement phone instead of fixing yours.

Is it stock, or do you have root access? I know you said you saved the numbers to the phone, but have you set it to save contacts to google too? If so, you could just log into google on the computer and get to them all still.

As for accessing the phone, you can get a lead which allows you to plug it into the tv, maybe you'd be able to view your phone with one of those?

·
12,294 Posts
You need to interact with the screen on the phone to even connect it to the pc via USB though, so I'm not sure that'll work. Also, the only thing you'll be able to see is the contents of the SD card. Numbers are saved to it's internal memory instead, which you can't get to without root access or some clever backup utility which forces it's way in.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
its ****ing great whats the ****ing point in that

its ****ed then

how can u do that if the screen is all black lol
why get pissed off mate why didnt you do what every other person does and save stuff to a memory card?? so when the phone breaks its simple to just remove card and insert into new phone,its not htcs fault

·
Registered
9,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
why get pissed off mate why didnt you do what every other person does and save stuff to a memory card?? so when the phone breaks its simple to just remove card and insert into new phone,its not htcs fault
in store they told me they sorted it for me so why should i check there work when they should be the expert

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
in store they told me they sorted it for me so why should i check there work when they should be the expert
same reason you check a cars oil level regardless if a garage has serviced it in case of any problems

1 - 20 of 37 Posts