Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Midway through purchasing parts for my hub conversion on my r33 gts,

I have bought

Gts-t Calipers
Front hubs
Wheels

Just woundering whether i just need the rear hub assembly (just the hub with bearing) or whether i need the backplate and everything else with it?

Cheers

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
just the hub afaik. not sure if the rear discs are bigger but if they are you can alter the back plate

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
the hubs fit direct ,discs will need drilling to suit unless you have gtst discs/calipers then the dust plate things are smaller but i just removed mine

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive got gtst rear calipers. im planning on buying new discs all round..

My car for some reason has vented discs on the back and their shagged :/ there discontinued and nissan said they could have them made up but will be 300 pounds plus 4-6 weeks delivery from japan so opted for this route instead

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had heard that before. i dont know what else came as standard with a type s but would be interesting to know. the back plates are completely straight theres no curve round the disc

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
my s type,had vlsd as standard,dual mode silencer and a different ecu and made from the factory 10+bhp more than a non s type car

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
ive got gtst rear calipers. im planning on buying new discs all round..

My car for some reason has vented discs on the back and their shagged :/ there discontinued and nissan said they could have them made up but will be 300 pounds plus 4-6 weeks delivery from japan so opted for this route instead
Have u spoke to Jason at conceptua as he is the daddy at finding weird concoctions of brakes on skylines

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just got a website up which has all the information on it. looks like mine is a factory type s model.

I spoke to a few seperate suppliers and they all came back with the same thing. discontinued and they could all get them from nissan so went there direct for best price.

Thats ok though because im looking at putting an rb20det in next year so will already have the brakes done :) seeing as i have bought half the stuff i am committing to it, Cheers though will be buying the disks through conceptua

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats alright mate, bought the front hubs as the control things with plates etc.. is there much difference in stopping power??

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Sod changing the hubs just drill the GTS-T 5 stud brake disc's to 4 stud & fit the GTS-T callipers= Job done in 20 Minutes :)
Yeah cos just drilling loads of holes in the disc face isn't dangerous at all!!!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol i do not intend to go down that road :),

Should be converting it in a week or so, i now have :

Hubs front and rear
Calipers front and rear
Discs front and rear
wheels
braided brake lines

just need to buy:

Tyres x4 :/
Pads all round
brake fluid

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i wanted the hubs more so for wheel choice too. I don't really know whether it is safe or not but to be honest the thought had not crossed my mind. On a car i intend to keep for a while i wanted it done properly :) boost power shall be next

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Yeah cos just drilling loads of holes in the disc face isn't dangerous at all!!!
Steve,

Shhhh!!

Whatever you do don't tell Toyota, then... They love drilling their discs- here are some Piranha ones for my Soarer. The stock Toyota discs have the hundreds of holes too.

Its a real pain when you're tired to find the right holes to line up, LOL!

Jason

1 - 20 of 22 Posts