Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
9,057 Posts
Unlucky mate, to be fair though it is a common problem on the RB26.

How many miles you done in since owning it?

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
is it upper or lower? it's not the hardest thing in the world to fix. nor is it expensive. You may not be off the road for long! chin up buddy!

·
tit
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is it upper or lower? it's not the hardest thing in the world to fix. nor is it expensive. You may not be off the road for long! chin up buddy!
its going to be crank bearing, the crank will need grinding and polishing.

As its engine out and might as well be fully rebuilt, its running forged pistons so may as well switch the rods to forged for bigger power.

Im now going to miss jap show with the car away, its just at the wrong time.

·
tit
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apart from my last comment, blocked oil way, incorrect size shells used.... how well was it maintained by the previous owner? Crank journals out of tolerance?!?!
yea it was had good service history from previous owner, just wish it happened after the summer.

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
bad times :( I've felt your pain in the past mate. All I can say is chin up and try and get it back running as cheap as possible!

People keep slating me for going V8 but storys like this always worry me I'll end up spending a fortune on RBs lol as much as I do love them!

·
Terry
1,996 Posts
Trouble is it is so hard to predict these things all you can do is preventative stuff which sounds like you have been doing this is just hard luck. Things like this would just drive another nail In the coffin of the rb if I had your luck

Good luck with rebuild

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Sh!t luck.
Still seems all to common on GTR's though, seems the 25 is not prone to it at all.............. odd considering how similar they are.
Good luck with the re-build.

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts
Ash mate thats terrible news mate :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts